Cork hurling goalkeepers 2022

Eoin Davis has taken the no 1 jersey off Jack Barry from castlelyons for imokilly. Former cork u20 goalie. You would imagine if imokilly go far he would be there abouts with the exposure he would be getting

Is O'Neill with Blarney anything to Finbarr O'Neill who used be in goal for The Glen and Cork back in the 60s and 70s but emigrated out to Station Road outside Blarney?
Finbarr O’Neill left in a crawler from Theo English in the Munster final against Tipp in ‘ 1965. Very unpredictable goalkeeper and Paddy Barry was much more dependable. Maybe Patrick Collins is similar to Finbarr O’ Neill .

Finbarr O’Neill left in a crawler from Theo English in the Munster final against Tipp in ‘ 1965. Very unpredictable goalkeeper and Paddy Barry was much more dependable. Maybe Patrick Collins is similar to Finbarr O’ Neill .
PC just isn't an inter-county standard goalkeeper. The whole county knows it and I'm sure Pat Ryan does too.
Never saw Finbarr play so can't comment but had great craic being at matches over the years. "Feisty" would be the polite description.

Pooman

DC isn't an inter-county defender but he has been playing in the Cork rearguard for the past 10 years.

PC had a good year in 2021 and a poor year in 2022. There are not top class goalies currently in the county to select from like in the past. His brother Ger as his understudy who doesn't play club hurling in goal isn't a helpful situation for Patrick to be in, where was the goalkeeping coach and another example of the poor management? I would go with PC starting next years league with Gavin Connolly as back up. I would have no problem with Connolly starting. If true I think it's not the correct option for Pat Ryan to expect Deccie Dalton to play in goals.

Pooman

DC isn't an inter-county defender but he has been playing in the Cork rearguard for the past 10 years.

PC had a good year in 2021 and a poor year in 2022. There are not top class goalies currently in the county to select from like in the past. His brother Ger as his understudy who doesn't play club hurling in goal isn't a helpful situation for Patrick to be in, where was the goalkeeping coach and another example of the poor management? I would go with PC starting next years league with Gavin Connolly as back up. I would have no problem with Connolly starting. If true I think it's not the correct option for Pat Ryan to expect Deccie Dalton to play in goals.
No argument from me about DC.
Tbh haven't seen enough non-Premier Senior matches to comment on goalkeeper availability.
No question though but PC was terrible last year, both shot stopping & distribution, and I can't see him improving enough in both facets of his game to warrant selection. Deccie Dalton would be a fierce gamble alright.

Pooman

I thought he was poor v Galway. I thought he was good v Waterford and the point he scored in that game was class. Him having a good year in 2021 and saving Cork v Clare has to be taken into consideration where he was deservedly nominated for an All-star. The whole set-up by management on the goalkeeping issue worked against him and hasn't been like that for any other 'keeper in the so-called modern game. Donal Og had Rochford & Morrissey under him and later Coleman & Nash and they were all playing in goal. PC had his brother only under him and he wasn't even playing in goal. Every player wants to have the best brought out in him in training and that maintality had gone from.the management, this is more relevant to goalkeeping than any other position.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Kisses, Juozas (NC) [Baltic Film Festival]
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

20th Apr 2024 @ 5:00 pm
More info..

Simple Things

, Today @ 10pm

More events ▼