Cork hurling goalkeepers 2022

True, didn't count him really as he only played a part of a game when Donal Og was sent off. Never actually played a full championship game.
Was unlucky, things went wrong for him really vs kilkenny in league when he looked like being ahead of Nash to be Cusack's replacement. Never recovered after it

Martin Coleman is outside the 40 years category. Timmy Murphy was just before Cunningham for a brief spell.

Ironic that Paddy Barry got sent off for a broken hurley hitting an umpire in 1974 and he was replaced by Martin Coleman

Donal Og got the line in 2008 and he also was replaced by Martin Coleman.

Martin Coleman is outside the 40 years category. Timmy Murphy was just before Cunningham for a brief spell.

Ironic that Paddy Barry got sent off for a broken hurley hitting an umpire in 1974 and he was replaced by Martin Coleman

Donal Og got the line in 2008 and he also was replaced by Martin Coleman.
Some going by Martin to be there for 34 years 😀

There lots if very good club keepers around to be fair. The preference for the last 15 or 20 years has been the u21 keeper graduating to to be #2 or #3 and wait their turn.

I think Collins could be under pressure. I've said before I think Dalton is the best option in the county as a keeper...maybe has no interest in playing in goal...who knows.

At club level, Hickey, Hurley (Barrs) and Maher (Douglas) are all extremely good keepers. The young lad Sorensen at Midleton is decent. To be fair most keepers at Premier Senior level are quite good from what I've seen.

Blarney had Hallissey who I thought was very good and he's been replaced by O Neill who is also very talented.

There's loads though I'm sure...and I can't honestly say at the higher levels of club hurling I can only remember one recent occasion in the last couple of years I came away from a game thinking the keeper had a nightmare. I won't name the poor guy obviously.

A keeper doesn't seem to get the chance with Cork though unless he's come through minor /U21 IC level.

There lots if very good club keepers around to be fair. The preference for the last 15 or 20 years has been the u21 keeper graduating to to be #2 or #3 and wait their turn.

I think Collins could be under pressure. I've said before I think Dalton is the best option in the county as a keeper...maybe has no interest in playing in goal...who knows.

At club level, Hickey, Hurley (Barrs) and Maher (Douglas) are all extremely good keepers. The young lad Sorensen at Midleton is decent. To be fair most keepers at Premier Senior level are quite good from what I've seen.

Blarney had Hallissey who I thought was very good and he's been replaced by O Neill who is also very talented.

There's loads though I'm sure...and I can't honestly say at the higher levels of club hurling I can only remember one recent occasion in the last couple of years I came away from a game thinking the keeper had a nightmare. I won't name the poor guy obviously.

A keeper doesn't seem to get the chance with Cork though unless he's come through minor /U21 IC level.

Is O'Neill with Blarney anything to Finbarr O'Neill who used be in goal for The Glen and Cork back in the 60s and 70s but emigrated out to Station Road outside Blarney?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Brian Kenny: Tempus Futurum

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼