Cyclists

How does the following bus routes manage to fit down this " laneway "

Routes 220, 216 and 223 ?

Some laneway alright

It's a road, end of story

Yes it's a road. It's also a laneway though, it's a single lane with the width of a single lane. As such there's not enough width for a car to give safe passing distance to a cyclist. There's no way that the car would be able to give this guy 1.5m space even if he moved in to the left.

There's a reason there's at least two bike symbols painted on that stretch of road.

How cool of you to say " speed limits are a limit, not a target " wow that's so impressive.

What does this even mean? I'm simply stating a fact? Cool? Impressive? What are you on about? I'm right, 50 is the max speed permitted there. There's no obligation on anyone to do 50 there, be they a car, tractor, bus, bike or whatever.

What logical reason would one motorist beep at another for going 40 in a 50 please ?

I can't think of one. But then again I can't see why a motorist would beep a cyclist going 40 in a 50, and yet here we are.

Mr self centred arrogance should have been over to the side rather in the middle, of course he never ever cycled like that.
Because of he did, then he would have no footage.

Again - if he did go over to the side there's no way there's enough room for safe passing space on that lane.
My reference to " holding up traffic " was in general and on every single video that bully boy posts.

No it wasn't in general. What you specifically said was "He cycles along in the middle of that road at 40 kmh, the legal limit is 50. He is therefore holding up traffic."

You're clearly referring to "that road".

Yes it's a road. It's also a laneway though, it's a single lane with the width of a single lane. As such there's not enough width for a car to give safe passing distance to a cyclist. There's no way that the car would be able to give this guy 1.5m space even if he moved in to the left.

There's a reason there's at least two bike symbols painted on that stretch of road.

What does this even mean? I'm simply stating a fact? Cool? Impressive? What are you on about? I'm right, 50 is the max speed permitted there. There's no obligation on anyone to do 50 there, be they a car, tractor, bus, bike or whatever.

I can't think of one. But then again I can't see why a motorist would beep a cyclist going 40 in a 50, and yet here we are.

Again - if he did go over to the side there's no way there's enough room for safe passing space on that lane.

No it wasn't in general. What you specifically said was "He cycles along in the middle of that road at 40 kmh, the legal limit is 50. He is therefore holding up traffic."

You're clearly referring to "that road".
You still playing Modern Warfare brah?

You do realise there are as many bad cyclists as there are bad drivers on the roads, yes?

In terms of the per centage of both yeah, but given there are way more motorists then in terms of just numbers the latter are way more in the majority, and they're the ones who pose the most threat

In terms of the per centage of both yeah, but given there are way more motorists then in terms of just numbers the latter are way more in the majority, and they're the ones who pose the most threat
Cyclists can cause a considerable threat to motorists also. It really works both ways. There are so many on the road that intentionally antagonise motorists simply because they’ve had a run in with some other eejit at some stage.

The guy driving in towards Douglas is a gobshite for beeping the cyclist. But that gobshite doesn’t represent me and most other motorists on the road that the same cyclist will take out his grievances on at a later time.

He really needs to take a step back for the good of his health. It’s a disgrace he has been named on here also may I add.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Award Winning Steve Hughes (Australia)
City Limits, Coburg St.

15th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Colm Murphy

St. Peters Cork, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼