The Hurling Thread

Kilkenny

wrong! Kilkenny, Clare and Galway came within a whisker of beating Limerick. Those teams can hold heads high. Cork were well beaten again by Limerick, and it almost seems that the team and supporters were resigned to defeat before stepping out against the Green Giants. Never thought a Cork team would lie down like that. Hopefully, Pat Ryan rekindles the fighting spirit, with more aggressive players that we’re noted for!

Lol, I've heard it all now.

Losing is losing.

Don't take Cody going so hard m8, ye might get Shefflin to take over.

Lol, I've heard it all now.

Losing is losing.

Don't take Cody going so hard m8, ye might get Shefflin to take over.
Come on! If Cork had a manager with an iota of the success Cody brought to Kilkenny in the last 25 years, we’d be celebrating! One thing Cody’s teams always brought to the table were 100% commitment and never say die attitude. We haven’t had that in years. We need some more Johnny Crowley’s

Come on! If Cork had a manager with an iota of the success Cody brought to Kilkenny in the last 25 years, we’d be celebrating! One thing Cody’s teams always brought to the table were 100% commitment and never say die attitude. We haven’t had that in years. We need some more Johnny Crowley’s

By your logic Limerick were far happier losing in 07 than Waterford were in 08.

Its all the one.

Cork had reached 4 All Ireland finals in a row before our glorious county secretary decided to torpedo our fortunes for a generation.

Theres realistically 5 or 6 counties who can contest the All Ireland in hurling. We're one of them.

By your logic Limerick were far happier losing in 07 than Waterford were in 08.

Its all the one.

Cork had reached 4 All Ireland finals in a row before our glorious county secretary decided to torpedo our fortunes for a generation.

Theres realistically 5 or 6 counties who can contest the All Ireland in hurling. We're one of them.
Blaming Frank is an easy out! Realistically, Cody brought Kilkenny to a new level in 2006. He did that through discipline, fitness levels and determination. Cork after 2005 went into a steady decline… if we had Cody managing who knows! Clare, Galway and Kilkenny challenged Limerick well this year, whilst Cork didn’t! Why? Beaten before we started?

Why? Cork lost to Kilkenny narrowly in 2003 final, but with a young team and but for many wides, would have won. Importantly, they didn’t lie down and took the fight to Kilkenny. In 2004 Cork beat Kilkenny comfortably in the final… they didn’t play second fiddle to anyone back then. Cork won again in 2005 before Cody took over. Cork didn’t move with the times!

I would in my hoop.

Yeah he was the daddy in winning All Irelands but I'd never celebrate his achievements.

All this 'man's game', 'intensity' and 'hunting in packs' guff, his sides implemented systematic fouling from 2006 , the GAA let it happen.

Theres been less emphasis on skills and more seeing what you can get away with. Delighted to see him gone. A dour, miserable old bollocks.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Beth Orton
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

8th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Making A Scene

Fred Zeppelins, Today @ 9pm

More events ▼