Cork city has gone to the dogs.

Well when we have leeches employed in the civil.and public service this sort of shit will continue.

We can all see it here on threads day in and out with the likes of Soundy posting away during normal working hours.

I noted there was a complaint which led to that particular case.

People in the civil and public service do not understand what actual work is.

Don't forget the tax payers paying for never ending free legal aid to keep Buttimer and co in clover and the streets unsafe.

Three junkies hassling people for money on MacCurtain Street at three o'clock in the day yesterday.

'Sorry, buud have yiz 2 yooroh'?

A curt but firm 'I do not'.

Some lady drinking her tea outside Tara's tearoom was accosted and immediately he was looking for 4 euro.

The Gardai should be on the beat moving on these undesirables.
There has been so much good work done by local businesses on McCurtain street in recent years to tidy the place up and rebrand it the VC and with the amount of foot fall from Tourists with the various hotels / hostels a small bit of visibility from the guards isn’t too much to ask. I have a friend that works as a bouncer on McCurtain street and he says you would not believe some of the carry on from junkies these days, they’ve become more aggressive and are attacking random people regularly.

There has been so much good work done by local businesses on McCurtain street in recent years to tidy the place up and rebrand it the VC and with the amount of foot fall from Tourists with the various hotels / hostels a small bit of visibility from the guards isn’t too much to ask. I have a friend that works as a bouncer on McCurtain street and he says you would not believe some of the carry on from junkies these days, they’ve become more aggressive and are attacking random people regularly.

I'd expect that kind of hassle in Dublin, it's sad to see it on our streets.

Lazy policing, nothing more.

I'd expect that kind of hassle in Dublin, it's sad to see it on our streets.

Lazy policing, nothing more.
There is a shortage of Gardai in Cork City and has been for too long.

Gardai here can only provide a response service, they have not got the time to as such go on the beat.

Of course many will say, but what about all the Gardai down at the concerts over the last few weeks.
These lads are in on overtime, offered to them and financed by the concert promoters because they have to allow for them in their costs.

Gardai here can only provide a response service, they have not got the time to as such go on the beat.

Of course many will say, but what about all the Gardai down at the concerts over the last few weeks.
These lads are in on overtime, offered to them and financed by the concert promoters because they have to allow for them in their costs.

Erra get off the stage.

Gardai can't tackle serious anti social behavior in broad daylight on a main public thoroughfare?

Thats a complete copout.

Who do you suggest handle it?
Batman?

Fine Gael have been in power here since 2011, so much for being the party of law and order.

Fine Gael = Scum

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Music Network Presents Linda Fredriksson Juniper
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

14th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼