The Gaelic Football Thread

Armagh’s Conor Turbitt and Blaine Hughes and Galway’s Cathal Sweeney have all received one-match bans.

In order words, Sweeney gets the heaviest punishment, suspended for the semi-final.

Turbitt and Hughes, get the next heaviest punishment, miss one game.

Kelly gets off scot free as far as intercounty level is concerned.
A complete joke, speaking from someone who has had their eyes gouged. It’s the most surreal experience, all of a sudden you can not see and panic sets in.
This scum bag gets to play next season for Armagh…
He should have to serve a full year ban from GAA games, no fucking about. Make this prick a poster boy of what consequences are. GAA are a bunch of clowns, the appeal process is shambolic and setting the wrong principles for kids looking at the game.

To me 6 months is a suitable suspension for what he did.

Missing his club championship so it's them will suffer rather than Armagh, but it will hit home with him when his friends and club mates will be without him
Sean Kelly is missing an AI for doing nothing and Tiernan Kelly and Armagh basically get off for trying to poke a lad's eye out, Tiernan Kelly himself being a spectator that entered the field. 6 months is nonsense.

Many gaa supporters in the six counties have a low opinion of us down south , They have this siege mentality and
feel everybody is against them, They never think of the amount of goodwill shown to armagh 2002, tyrone in 2003,
Then again Kerry were the beaten finalists,

If he appeals he will get off (if it's contributing to a melee). You remember the Tyrone/Armagh fight earlier in the year, Tyrone took the suspensions but Armagh appealed theirs and won on the basis that the GAA have not clarified what constitutes a melee and to date, they still haven't.
I doubt he'll get off, Cathal Sweeney is the one who struck Tiernan Kelly immediately after the eye-gouging.
He's the one who stopped the eye-gouging and might well have saved Comer from a serious eye injury if it had gone on a few seconds longer.
Had 3 Armagh scumbags put him on the floor and pummel him for his troubles.
Comer and his Galway teammates will remember his swift actions though.

Sean Kelly is missing an AI for doing nothing and Tiernan Kelly and Armagh basically get off for trying to poke a lad's eye out, Tiernan Kelly himself being a spectator that entered the field. 6 months is nonsense.
He should face a croke park ban for entering the field, id imagine if a supporter did the same
he would be banned, How long was the mayo fan banned for in 2014 v kerry?

I doubt he'll get off, he's the one who struck Tiernan Kelly immediately after the eye-gouging.
He's the one who stopped the eye-gouging and might well have saved Comer from a serious eye injury if it had gone on a few seconds longer.

Had 3 Armagh scumbags put him on the floor and pummel him for his troubles.
Comer and his Galway teammates will remember his swift actions though.
Oh that's right, he was the lad that dragged him away. I had forgotten his name.

He should face a croke park ban for entering the field, id imagine if a supporter did the same
he would be banned, How long was the mayo fan banned for in 2014 v kerry?
I know I mentioned it before but I can't see the difference between this incident and what Chris Kelly from Eire Og did and look what happened him.

I don't think the Galway player deserves a ban

Definitely a flaw in system in relation to Kelly's ban, by going on a time based suspension he'll miss no inter county. If they were still in championship a match ban wouldn't have worked either in a way as he wouldn't be playing because of a medical issue

So it's basically a club ban.

But I do believe 6 months is an adequate suspension for what he did.

I know I mentioned it before but I can't see the difference between this incident and what Chris Kelly from Eire Og did and look what happened him.
In fairness there was a big enough difference in terms of the injuries inflicted, plus it went to court as a result. That case was a fair step up in seriousness compared to the Armagh lad. Not really an equal comparison, similarity really is they both involved lads not playing on the day

In fairness there was a big enough difference in terms of the injuries inflicted, plus it went to court as a result. That case was a fair step up in seriousness compared to the Armagh lad. Not really an equal comparison, similarity really is they both involved lads not playing on the day
So you are happy with a suspension based on injuries inflicted, Chris Kelly threw one punch and connected causing the damage, only for Tiernan Kelly being pulled away by another player, the damage could have been a lot worse. The intention to badly injure was there in both cases.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Sarah Buckley & Bróna Keogh
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

22nd Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Rage -ratm Tribute

Fred Zeppelins, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼