The Gaelic Football Thread

Really? Dont remember much on here about it. Having said that I wouldnt have a great memory.
I cant speak for on here but on other gaa pages the refrain was
"Questioning their commitment"
"Honest physicality"
"Work harder than everyone else"
"Sore losers"

My personal favorite was the final where every Mayo player was simultaneously fouled on an injury time kick out to prevent them attempting to draw the game.
"Tactical masterclass"

I cant speak for on here but on other gaa pages the refrain was
"Questioning their commitment"
"Honest physicality"
"Work harder than everyone else"
"Sore losers"

My personal favorite was the final where every Mayo player was simultaneously fouled on an injury time kick out to prevent them attempting to draw the game.
"Tactical masterclass"
Fair enough, I'll take your word for it.

The gouger should be dealt with asap. Perhaps we can all move on then.

I'm not trying to conflate the two at all. Gouging is far far worse than punching and deserves a far far heavier ban. But if he gets "two years" (96 weeks) for that when many others got a lot less then that would imho be wrong.

I've said from the get go that he deserves a lengthy ban (check back). But what I believe he doesn't deserve is being "made an example of" and punished twice or even more times more than other gougers.

You on the other hand initially posted your delight that the Galway guy naturally gave him a punch in the head - even though you admit now that'll have to carry a ban too. They'll both get banned, just different amounts. You cheered one, and went on and on about how deplorable the other was (and it was deplorable).
Is that kind of like you defending the SF councillor Mick Nugents actions because he was going after a scumbag drug dealer?

And yes sometimes you have to make an example of someone, the fact guys have gotten away with it in the past should have nothing to do with whatever punishment he receives, this kind of shit needs to be stamped out and the only way is to set an example now and going forward. Using your logic anyone who rapes/beats their wife shouldn't be punished because husbands got away with it in the past. Laws and sentences change over time and in the above case the time to change the punishment has arrived.

😂😂😂
referee’s report
cccc
chc
cac
drc

but only if tsg panel brings it up.

i spent enough time and plenty of years in different guises within the gaa and even was on a cccc panel in a smaller jurisdiction at one point but the amount of absolute shit you can do and get away with or the minute amount they won’t let you get away with is beyond belief. they’d make you jump through hoops for the smallest infraction yet if you’re a big time charlie let you off with a slap on the wrist for something on the greater scale of things.

i threw my hat at these cunts a while ago and don’t regret it. to see sean cavanagh there on sunday go all “penalties aren’t our culture, your man’s a grand wee lad…” is laughable and that attitude was the reason i fucked off.

Is that kind of like you defending the SF councillor Mick Nugents actions because he was going after a scumbag drug dealer?

And yes sometimes you have to make an example of someone, the fact guys have gotten away with it in the past should have nothing to do with whatever punishment he receives, this kind of shit needs to be stamped out and the only way is to set an example now and going forward. Using your logic anyone who rapes/beats their wife shouldn't be punished because husbands got away with it in the past. Laws and sentences change over time and in the above case the time to change the punishment has arrived.

We've ALL said gouging needs to be stamped out CS so let's not pretend that hasn't been the case.

But, whether you like it or not, trying to make an example out of one person in order that the GAA "society" at large mend its ways is not natural justice and neither is it likely to stand on appeal.

The guy, who has been vilified from pillar to post since, deserves a lengthy ban, but it's not as though he's a repeat gouging offender, so your trying to bring SF into this debate is as risible as it is illogical. But no surprise it attracted likes from the Tweedle Dummies. :cool:

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Corner House, Coburg St.

21st Jun 2024 @ 6:00 pm
More info..

A Bend In The Road

St. Peters Cork, Today @ 10am

More events ▼