Feminazi whingebag article #39374611183

So short listing for the booker is the only sign of a writer now, is it?
She has won the following literary awards
Sunday Independent Newcomer of the Year
The Children’s Books Ireland Eilís Dillon Award
The Bookseller‘s inaugural Young Adult Book Prize
The Specsavers’ Senior Children’s Book of the Year
Book of the Year at the Irish Book Awards
The Literature Prize at Irish Tatler’s Women of the Year
The American Library Association’s Michael L. Printz Award

Possibly others too - that's just from a publicity piece that showed up on google.

Her new book "Idol" is on the best seller shelves in Easons, Waterstones and Dubray in Cork city at the moment.

Her novel "Asking for it" spent 52 weeks on the Irish top ten best seller list.
Hi Louise. 👋

Possibly others too - that's just from a publicity piece that showed up on google.

Her new book "Idol" is on the best seller shelves in Easons, Waterstones and Dubray in Cork city at the moment.

Jesus, lads, it's just dawned on me. Greedy is Louise. WTaF!?!

On a slightly more serious note, I wouldn't be a massive fan of this Louise character and I have to admit that I haven't read any of her stuff. Seen a couple of paragraphs, probably on here (!!). Too millennial for me; too cynical as well, tbh. She sounds like she's writing almost entirely about issues, and I prefer my literature to be about writing first and foremost.

BUT, and as you can see it's a big 'but', being a published and successful author counts for very little on the PRoC. Very little for all of us unpublished and unsuccessful authors who post shite on here 24/7.

Never heard of those, no booker there, she aint no Sally Rooney, Enda O Brien or even Binchy. Most of those awards are for childrens books and she should stick to that genre as in my opinion she has not the maturity or indeed the gravitas for serious literature.

Last edited:
On a slightly more serious note, I wouldn't be a massive fan of this Louise character and I have to admit that I haven't read any of her stuff. Seen a couple of paragraphs, probably on here (!!). Too millennial for me; too cynical as well, tbh. She sounds like she's writing almost entirely about issues, and I prefer my literature to be about writing first and foremost.

BUT, and as you can see it's a big 'but', being a published and successful author counts for very little on the PRoC. Very little for all of us unpublished and unsuccessful authors who post shite on here 24/7.
I'm published. Do ya think anyone gives a fuck?

*collects awards*

Never heard of those, no booker there, she aint no Sally Rooney, Enda O Brien or even Binchy
To be fair, your ignorance of literary prizes is not her issue!

Sally Rooney hasn't been shortlisted for a booker, not to mind winning one, and Binchy was never even longlisted afaik.

Edit for your edit - how snobbish (and incorrect) to suggest that YA books are not serious literature. The catcher in the rye, Lord of the flies, the Outsiders, To kill a mockingbird, The call of the wild, The curious incident of the dog in the night time, The Chronicles of Narnia...

Last edited:
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Luke Combs Uk
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

14th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Son Of Crazy Chester

Coughlan's, Today @ 10:30pm

More events ▼