The Hurling Thread

Watching the 2nd half of the minor semifinal Clare v Offaly and there’s been 2 clear cut red cards and he gives 2 yellows. And they were pure dirty too. It is true that you’d have to decapitate a man in a minor intercounty match before getting seeing a red.

Hearing reports that Damian Casey the Tyrone hurler has drowned in Spain. Fantastic player for club and county. Hoping the reports are unfounded.
Very sad if true, hopefully not. I remember reading something about his scoring records on the same weekend Hoggy was breaking the record, must try find it.

Edit, found it

His 1-12 tally in securing a Rackard final place takes him to 400 Championship points in 39 appearances.

But his overall form and record defies logic. Since making his debut at the start of the 2012 season, that was his 100th appearance over league and Championship. He has played in every single game since.

And, he has scored in each and every one of those 100 games. His overall tally sits at 39-894.

Unreal stuff, hopefully the reports of his passing are false.

Last edited:
Under any circumstances? - now that is a hostage to fortune - Wexford have big men in defence to handle the Clare forwards. Clare are rightly the favourites but under any circumstances? Shackle T Kelly and who knows. Don't bet the farm is my advice
From the Cork hurlers thread but it belongs in here.
The odds would be shit on a Clare win. I think Clare will do it but if they don't show us the same as they did v Limerick then I'm sure Wexford are only wishing it could be.
Clare are a very good team and I expect them to win but if the odds were sweet enough I'd throw Wexford into a small accumulator with Cork, maybe even a draw.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
King K
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

3rd May 2024 @ 10pm
More info..

Funny Fridays Special

City Limits, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼