Sinn Fein are not a Normal Political Party

A video is circulating of loyalists singing a song mocking the murder of Michaela Mcareavey, A reminder of the bitterness and bile
that still exists,
Linfield issued an unequivocal statement removing one of the people as a volunteer coach.
Similarly an employee identified as working for Norman Emerson has prompted them to issue a statement and launch an internal investigation into it.

Yes I knew that part - I meant what about the segment makes her think she was defamed exactly.
As I said if this is vexatious it is a mistake.
And if it is not and she wins the case, it will still cost SF.

Last few minutes

The part about sharing a platform

Last few minutes

The part about sharing a platform
I don't agree with Regina Doherty on the light of day and the question was spurious to an extent because Bríd Smith's judgement was being questioned to counter her very valid point - that said though MLMcD wasn't defamed there in my view.

I can't understand this. Why would they consider her murder a target for "humour"?

Is it just because her family are Catholic?
Yes. And this is not an isolated incident. And moreover, this sort of behaviour has been enabled by the platforming of those within loyalism and loyalist paramilitaries who routinely spout this bile.

Edit - this happened in an Orange Lodge at a NI centenary celebration. No one is countering it. IN fact the video was apparently up for days getting loads of comments until someone suggested it should be taken down.

A video is circulating of loyalists singing a song mocking the murder of Michaela Mcareavey, A reminder of the bitterness and bile
that still exists,
Should we be surprised? Scumbags of the highest order.

You can be guaranteed if it was the Republican side at this shit, a certain individual on this site would be jumping up and down.

Yes. And this is not an isolated incident. And moreover, this sort of behaviour has been enabled by the platforming of those within loyalism and loyalist paramilitaries who routinely spout this bile.

Edit - this happened in an Orange Lodge at a NI centenary celebration. No one is countering it. IN fact the video was apparently up for days getting loads of comments until someone suggested it should be taken down.
IMO we are looking at at least two more generations before this bile is gone,

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Thursday Showcase
The Roundy, Castle St.

25th Jul 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼