Pre Celtic Tiger Ireland

You meet sad yanks like Roundy all the time. Ireland is frozen in time for them the way it was when they left. To accept that Ireland is a better place to live now then the country they left it for is anathema to them.

Probably trades on his oirishness bigtime over there too on Pattys day.

You know the type.

Even when I was younger, I didn’t go out on St. Paddy’s. It is ridiculous. I lost my accent fairly quickly but I cherish my heritage and childhood in Cork. I realize that Ireland is a vastly different country and much improved. It is also obvious that the Irish have a collective chip on the their shoulders about other countries. Whenever my family or friends come here they constantly compare and criticize America and it is a little churlish. JT is well able to banter and not nearly as precious as most on here, just take a look at his post history. I hate the idea of American Exceptionalism but it is also silly to paint the IS as a backward monolith of conservatism. It is a large country that varies tremendously by region and it has the best university system and most developed research community in the world. It has also kept Russia in check for the last 70 years. A few American inventions for some light reading: https://blog.talk.edu/culture-exchange/american-inventions-changed-nation/

Even when I was younger, I didn’t go out on St. Paddy’s. It is ridiculous. I lost my accent fairly quickly but I cherish my heritage and childhood in Cork. I realize that Ireland is a vastly different country and much improved. It is also obvious that the Irish have a collective chip on the their shoulders about other countries. Whenever my family or friends come here they constantly compare and criticize America and it is a little churlish. JT is well able to banter and not nearly as precious as most on here, just take a look at his post history. I hate the idea of American Exceptionalism but it is also silly to paint the IS as a backward monolith of conservatism. It is a large country that varies tremendously by region and it has the best university system and most developed research community in the world. It has also kept Russia in check for the last 70 years. A few American inventions for some light reading: https://blog.talk.edu/culture-exchange/american-inventions-changed-nation/

EYE ESS AY!

EYE ESS AY!

You dopey bollocks.

It always cracks me up that Roundy is an English teacher.
giphy.webp
It’s like Stevie Wonder teaching art :lol!: :lol!:

It is also backward technologically, electric system, public transport, trains, energy, roads and bridges and wi-fi.

Outside the East and West Coasts with a few exceptions it is a backward monolith of inward looking ignorant conservatism.

It has some of the best education and healthcare options on the planet as long as you have truckloads of $$$

You sound ridiculous and childish. The US is technology inept! You make this claim as you use a smart phone on the internet. Ask Ukraine if the US is technically inept or even Russia as it seems the majority of the microchips it uses in its systems are made in the US, like wise with China. Does the train still take you to Fota? Lol.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Old Moderns
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

5th May 2024 @ 10:00 pm
More info..

Indie/Folk Music

Franciscan Well Brew Pub, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼