Official Champions League 21/22 Thread

I think the issue was a combination of things and no one willing to accept blame as usually. It seems like many Liverpool fans showed up without tickets. It is also clear that it was poorly organized, gangs of local youths were trying to force their way in, and to top it off supporters were mugged and attacked on the way out. Matip’s brother, Robertson’s friend, Jim Beglin and Jason MacAteer and their families all endured at least some of the above. Robertson, in fact, said he gave his friend a ticket and he was turned away. I was thinking of going to Paris in two years, maybe not.

There's obviously an agenda there (upcoming Euro 2028 bid) by the English media, to paint all of the Liverpool fans as totally blameless and innocent victims of French incompetence and police brutality.

You hate Liverpool, that’s fine. I’m having a pint with a lad who’s buddy had a legit ticket and couldn’t get in.

Is it true that British fans/Liverpool fans have behaved appallingly in the past? 100%

Yesterday was a shambles based on the organisation from uefa and the French authorities. I’m just so happy I didn’t bring my son.

I’ve no reason to lie about what I’ve seen. I’m not that blindly pro-LFC that I’d make up shit just to make the club and it’s supporters look better.

Yeah, the Liverpool fans bashing is comical, obviously good few of them behaved like cunts but the large share of the blame is on both UEFA and the frenchy authorities, namely Darmanin the interior minister (dirty cunt) and the Prefet de Police Lallement (Titanium Level Cunt)

And there’s defo an element of ‘fuck English fans, they always wreck our cities and create troubles so we’ll fuck them up proper if they try anything’

France have the Olympics in 18 months, they’re nowhere near ready.

Last edited:
Yeah, the Liverpool fans bashing is comical, obvious good few of them behaved like cunts but the large share of the blame is on both UEFA and the friends authorities, namely Darmanin the interior minister (dirty cunt) and the Prefet de Police Lallement (Titanium Level Cunt)

And there’s defo an element of ‘fuck English fans, they always wreck our cities and create troubles so we’ll fuck them up proper if they try anything’

France have the Olympics in 18 months, they’re nowhere near ready.

v2yl0M.gif

You hate Liverpool, that’s fine. I’m having a pint with a lad who’s buddy had a legit ticket and couldn’t get in.

Is it true that British fans/Liverpool fans have behaved appallingly in the past? 100%

Yesterday was a shambles based on the organisation from uefa and the French authorities. I’m just so happy I didn’t bring my son.

I’ve no reason to lie about what I’ve seen. I’m not that blindly pro-LFC that I’d make up shit just to make the club and it’s supporters look better.

Thats fair enough and Im not for a minute questioning your first hand experience but UEFA and a lot of non English journalists are saying it was a ticketing problem that was caused by a significant number of Liverpool supporters with dud tickets.

I dont think its likely theres a vast conspiracy to say something happened that didnt.

(Just be honest Orchardy, you spent all last week doing 10,000 ticket photocopies at work)

Yeah, I will defer to the Knowledge of a some ex pat from a backwater who has lived in Cork for ten years.

The place is gone dog rough.

20 years m8, get your facts right

The ‘North Africans’ creating issues are basically young thugs from Seine St Denis and its banlieues, they’re rough as fuck, makes Tallagh and Knocka look like Disneyland….the worst scumbag from the worst Irish rough area wouldn’t last half a day there.

Fuck all to do with Syrians…Paris has indeed gone to the dogs in the last 15 years, I agree with you on that.

20 years m8, get your facts right

The ‘North Africans’ creating issues are basically young thugs from Seine St Denis and its banlieues, they’re rough as fuck, makes Tallagh and Knocka look like Disneyland….the worst scumbag from the worst Irish rough area wouldn’t last half a day there.

Fuck all to do with Syrians…Paris has indeed gone to the dogs in the last 15 years, I agree with you on that.

👍

I read up on it when I got back last time. I forget the detail tbh, this was 3 years ago.

I'm visiting Paris since 1994. I just genuinely found it shocking how bad it was the last time I was there.

Didn't feel safe in the early evening there were so many scumbags around the place.

And Im not being down on France, its probably my favey European holiday destination.

Thats fair enough and Im not for a minute questioning your first hand experience but UEFA and a lot of non English journalists are saying it was a ticketing problem that was caused by a significant number of Liverpool supporters with dud tickets.

I dont think its likely theres a vast conspiracy to say something happened that didnt.

(Just be honest Orchardy, you spent all last week doing 10,000 ticket photocopies at work)

👍 no sweat Dan m8, I’m just looking forward to getting back to cork in a while and having a couple beamish.

€9.50 for manky Guinness in Paris. That’s worse than being pepper sprayed!!

:lol!:

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Open Streets: Boolaboom Busking
Cornmarket Centre, Cornmarket St.

19th May 2024 @ 1:00 pm
More info..

Fiesta Latina with DJ Wilros

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 9pm

More events ▼