Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Would expect Antrim to win the McDonagh Cup.

Antrim away will be sticky opposition. A traditional genuine hurling county with a core base of good support. Corrigan Park is not an easy place to go and the Antrim boys will relish taking us on.

Antrim to my minds eye are a division 1 team anyway. This won't be the cake walk that Westmeath were a few years back or Offaly were in the league. Waterford, Dublin and Kilkenny all struggled against them in the league. I know Tipp hosed them but still it shows there is talent there. My worry would be that we take these boys for granted, scrape over them or even worse get caught on the hop and lose like Dublin to Laois a few years back and suddenly we are in crisis mode again.

I'd like to see us give them the respect they deserve and put our full team out against them. See where that takes us and hopefully we get to give lads a run out towards the end just like last Sunday.
Yeah, the three losses/humiliations so far this season should keep our lads vigilant and while you'd have to respect Antrim we should be well able to deal with anything they throw our way. Confidence rather than arrogance.

Good teams often have big wobbles and then regain form. It came too late for Waterford. Clare might have one soon. At least we've had ours and you never know....maybe an AI final isn't a complete pipe dream.

(ps: good to hear there's a bitching ceasefire after the last few pages, very off putting)

Would expect Antrim to win the McDonagh Cup.

Antrim away will be sticky opposition. A traditional genuine hurling county with a core base of good support. Corrigan Park is not an easy place to go and the Antrim boys will relish taking us on.

Antrim to my minds eye are a division 1 team anyway. This won't be the cake walk that Westmeath were a few years back or Offaly were in the league. Waterford, Dublin and Kilkenny all struggled against them in the league. I know Tipp hosed them but still it shows there is talent there. My worry would be that we take these boys for granted, scrape over them or even worse get caught on the hop and lose like Dublin to Laois a few years back and suddenly we are in crisis mode again.

I'd like to see us give them the respect they deserve and put our full team out against them. See where that takes us and hopefully we get to give lads a run out towards the end just like last Sunday.
Antrim certainly a decent team, lot of people writing them off already. Need to keep the focus up for it, especially against a team we basically never play. Good opportunity to give lads a longer run though absolutely.

I’m glad you took the time to quote me

I understand this is above your pay grade but read that second paragraph slowly and carefully

If as I suspect you still don’t get it, I’ll spell it out for you

“The way we are set up”

now take your time and tell me what happened in the week between the Clare and waterford games?

This is way too easy 😀😀😀
You're wasting your time.
He knows fuck all about hurling and is only shitting all over this thread cos he's fed up of having his ass handed to him in the United thread.

Yeah fair enough.

By the same token Im not going to be patronised by some self anointed 'experts' when Im going to games in both codes with 30+ years.

Comments like 'You know nothing about hurling' and 'stick to the soccer' are pathetic.

I don't want to be participating in arguments that are only spoiling the thread for everyone else.

I'll offer the peace pipe to R&B and Thready now. We park the bickering lads and be a bit more respectful to each others opinions. At the end of the day we are all Cork supporters.
There you go again 🙄

There will be no peace pipe, listening to your crap too long for that, so just do not reply to my posts and we will all be happy. Keep replying and you’ll get it back twofold

Jaysus lads.
Said it the other day.
We all want Cork winning.

We might differ on the 15 or the positions but we ALL want Cork winning.

This notion that there are opinions more or less valid because of which club you are a member or how long you've been going to matches is just childish when we are only posting textual messages here.

This isn't a playground, we're all adults. Name calling and put downs and there's only one valid viewpoint or perceived wisdom and anything else is bollox is a collective waste of time.

We can disagree on tactics, selection and even management but we are ALL Cork fans. We all want Cork winning.

Genuinely I learn tons from this thread. I didn't play at any level when I was small. I happily defer to Thready and R&B and Hank and junior and others for their real time knowledge of the club scene and the development of players. But I do disagree and that opinion is as valid as any of the other 100s of thousands of Cork fans.

PROC being a message board invites misunderstanding and misinterpretation and facilitates venting and silly commentary sometimes but the 1st Cork Hurlers thread and this one contain some fantastic analysis and information on where we are and how we are going.

Let's stick to the positives lads. We have hopefully at least one more outing. Let's leave the back biting out of it and just accept opinions rather than slashing them when they don't align with our own.

You're wasting your time.
He knows fuck all about hurling and is only shitting all over this thread cos he's fed up of having his ass handed to him in the United thread.
There you go again 🙄

There will be no peace pipe, listening to your crap too long for that, so just do not reply to my posts and we will all be happy. Keep replying and you’ll get it back twofold
Red and Blue talking like he will leave lads Black and Blue.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jaysus lads.
Said it the other day.

This notion that there are opinions more or less valid because of which club you are a member or how long you've been going to matches is just childish when we are only posting textual messages here.

This isn't a playground, we're all adults. Name calling and put downs and there's only one valid viewpoint or perceived wisdom and anything else is bollox is a collective waste of time.

We can disagree on tactics, selection and even management but we are ALL Cork fans. We all want Cork winning.

Genuinely I learn tons from this thread. I didn't play at any level when I was small. I happily defer to Thready and R&B and Hank and junior and others for their real time knowledge of the club scene and the development of players. But I do disagree and that opinion is as valid as any of the other 100s of thousands of Cork fans.

PROC being a message board invites misunderstanding and misinterpretation and facilitates venting and silly commentary sometimes but the 1st Cork Hurlers thread and this one contain some fantastic analysis and information on where we are and how we are going.

Let's stick to the positives lads. We have hopefully at least one more outing. Let's leave the back biting out of it and just accept opinions rather than slashing them when they don't align with our own.
Good post but this part did give me a chuckle, fair dues.

I happily defer to Thready and R&B and Hank and junior and others for their real time knowledge of the club scene and the development of players.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jaysus lads.
Said it the other day.

Top post and fully agreed Procna 👍

I offered an end to hostilities. You saw the replies I got.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
Sin É, Coburg St

22nd Jun 2024 @ 9:30 pm
More info..

A Bend In The Road

St. Peters Cork, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼