The Official Lenient Sentence Thread

In all of this debate i have never had a go at the woman, My angle is one of sympathy to a degree for the man, now im basing this purely on this case alone,
I have no idea what kind of character he is,
He is a perpetrator of sexual assault, that should surely be a starting point for an assessment of his character.

Because victims don't always act the way you expect them to. Freeze is a common enough trauma response.

You can't infer from her taking a lift, or going back to sleep, that the assault didn't happen.

Is going back to sleep in bed with your 'attacker' another common enough response to trauma?

I don't buy her account of things at all tbh. Someone tried it on in bed with her and her life was completely ruined? Ffs.

As for noone agreeing with you being an indictment on the PROC? I'd say its more to do with your complete disconnect with what most people suppose when presented with a story.

He is a perpetrator of sexual assault, that should surely be a starting point for an assessment of his character.
In the eyes of the jury in this case, It is very possible the bloke read the situation wrong, Woke up next to a woman
he found very attractive and who he had sexual interaction with a few hours earlier and thought they would carry on,
I would find this very different to the stereotypical sex offender,

Is going back to sleep in bed with your 'attacker' another common enough response to trauma?

I don't buy her account of things at all tbh. Someone tried it on in bed with her and her life was completely ruined? Ffs.

As for noone agreeing with you being an indictment on the PROC? I'd say its more to do with your complete disconnect with what most people suppose when presented with a story.
Yes, it's a freeze response. As per my last post.

Again, the jury agreed with me. I would put far more weight on their assessment than the assessment of the proc.

In the eyes of the jury in this case, It is very possible the bloke read the situation wrong, Woke up next to a woman
he found very attractive and who he had sexual interaction with a few hours earlier and thought they would carry on,
Maybe though, that is because your stereotype of a sex offender is limited to the "drag em down an alleyway" type of offence. While that happens, it is not the only type of sexual assault that exists.

Any time someone engages in sexual activity with another person without that person's consent they are committing a sexual assault. Perhaps the other person will wake up/ come to or whatever and not care. I am sure that happens all the time, but if the other person does care then they are entitled to take action in relation to the assault. Preferably without being called a liar online.

The main mistake this guy made was not getting the services of a solicitor before he talked to the cops.

Anyone worth their salt would have told him to completely refute her account of things..

Is that cynical ? Sure but it probably would have spared him a conviction

*cue you're a monster from Lionel*
Yes, it's a freeze response. As per my last post.

Again, the jury agreed with me. I would put far more weight on their assessment than the assessment of the proc.

I couldn't care less what the jury did or didn't think.

We're discussing the facts of the case as reported.

But you already knew that.

So your daughter comes to you and tells you that she was sexually assaulted and it is causing her trauma to the point of suicide and your response is "There were two of you in it. You can't ruin that poor man's life".

Wow.
Oh fuck right off!!!
That is not what I said!!!

If my daughter came to me and explained what happened in the same vein as the report I would say to her that is not sexual assault. Which is my opinion on the course of events and I would tell her so.

Why anyone would encourage a girl to pursue a court case under those circumstances is beyond me. I wouldn't want that for my daughter.
In my opinion this case has left that girl wide open to ridicule. That fact in itself could and may very well have led that girl to suicidal tendencies for all anyone knows.

The main mistake this guy made was not getting the services of a solicitor before he talked to the cops.

Anyone worth their salt would have told him to completely refute her account of things..

Is that cynical ? Sure but it probably would have spared him a conviction

*cue you're a monster from Lionel*

I couldn't care less what the jury did or didn't think.

We're discussing the facts of the case as reported.

That's not how that works.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Horgan Brothers: Princes Of The Picture Theatre
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

30th May 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

Stand-up Comedy Club: Low-key Funny

The Roundy, Tomorrow @ 8:30pm

More events ▼