The Official Arsenal Thread - Part 2

They’re fifth best, all things considered I would say. Fourth was there for them but they really lacked that fight for it tonight IMO. Newcastle played like the team that needed it.

Arsenal are building but they’ve more to do to improve the team and squad.
A lot more to do. When you have to rely on players like Cedric, Holding, Tavares, Elneny then you’ve no place in the CL yet.

The young players have been generally the best players but even they’ve fallen away the last few weeks.

There has been an improvement but a long way to go yet.

A lot more to do. When you have to rely on players like Cedric, Holding, Tavares, Elneny then you’ve no place in the CL yet.

The young players have been generally the best players but even they’ve fallen away the last few weeks.

Yup, squad upgrade is required, plenty work being already done going by the Hickey, Jesus, Marquinhos rumours.

Arsenal did well to still be involved in the race for top on match day 37

The key thing is to keep fixing problem areas in each window. White was a good signing. The young players are very talented but as with all young players they will be inconsistent.

Arteta is the man for it but needs another two windows. After that there’s no excuse. Lacking fight tonight will worry him more than losing.

Cloudy lad - while you're here, any update on your excel model?

I remember telling you ages ago Arsenal were well on track to achieve their target (which they have now achieved) and that there was room to take that one step further.

You (and one half of J&M) got a little giddy after these 3 defeats in April with your' i tried to tell ye lads' comment so i'm wondering what's happened?
This was only last Tuesday.

Life comes at you fast!

On a serious note lads, getting top 4 next year will be harder than ever.

Coty, Liverpool and to a certain extent Chelsea are miles ahead of all our clubs.

Spurs with a world class manager in place have the advantage now, and you know Newcastle will spend like drunken sailors.

Missed a trick here, and tbh bants aside, I don't think Arteta is up to that level of competition.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Brian Gallagher Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

18th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

The Sweet East (NC)

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 2pm

More events ▼