The Hurling Thread

Hegarty's sending off was shocking but he's still due about three soft red cards before he's even for all the shite he has done down the years. Will probably get away with murder the next day due to the backlash. Clare have been a pack of divers for years now. There's a reason Tony Kelly always has cricket scores worth of frees every game since Colin Ryan left the scene.

Lads, whether Cork like it or not, it IS a mans game. Not saying guys should get away with sneaky hits or flicks but if we are to have any hope of winning anything soon we need to be able to sort things out ourselves on the park. The officials aren't going to see everything and even if they do, they won't be sending every culprit off. The only way to stop guys flicking and pulling dirty strokes is for them to be afraid they'll get paid back in like kind and with a bit of interest too if they resort to that kind of shite.

We need to man up, and hopefully yesterday was the first step in that process rather than a false dawn - there, I've said it.

Lads, whether Cork like it or not, it IS a mans game. Not saying guys should get away with sneaky hits or flicks but if we are to have any hope of winning anything soon we need to be able to sort things out ourselves on the park. The officials aren't going to see everything and even if they do, they won't be sending every culprit off. The only way to stop guys flicking and pulling dirty strokes is for them to be afraid they'll get paid back in like kind and with a bit of interest too if they resort to that kind of shite.

We need to man up, and hopefully yesterday was the first step in that process rather than a false dawn - there, I've said it.
court-kangaroocourt.gif

I like Tommy as a pundit. He's entertaining. And for an ex-kilkenny player doing media, he's relatively unbiased, when compared to Shefflin and Tyrell for example.
Tommy is better at the commentary though. In fairness to himself and Mullane, they are the best english-speaking commemtators to come on the airwaves in a long, long time.
They aren't great at the analytic type punditry though.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Award Winning Terry Alderton and Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

4th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

The Sweet East (NC)

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼