Sinn Fein are not a Normal Political Party

My parents tell me of the election of 1977? then Fianna Fail under Charlie Haughey got in on a promise to scrap and remove all bad things and give everybody what they wanted like scrapping car tax and rates etc.

Like as what happened in Scotland any first border poll will fail and not be revisited for another 10 - 15 years anyway based on polling numbers of late.

Mary Lou was at a climate change summit last Thursday morning giving a keynote speech about saving the planet and reaching our agreed climate goals and in the afternoon in the Dail telling us that we should all be able to burn as much turf as we want as that is what people did in 1913.

My memory was in 1977 it was FF under Jack Lynch - the givaway budget that we were said to be paying for over a decade later. As populist a manifesto as ever there was. And unsurprisingly it led to a landslide victory for FF and a huge deficit.

The giveaway budget of 77 was Jack Lynch.
CJH came in in 79.

In Scotland the referendum failed because the government parties swore a covenant with the Scottish people 4 days before which after the No vote they reneged on immediately.

The Scots won't make the mistake again, the issue now is to have a referendum without the Section 30 - and stare down the Tories with a democratically expressed Yes vote to be reneged on again by Boris if and when it happens.

A snap BP now would fail and I am amazed the Tories are not contemplating it and maybe they are.
A planned BP in 2028 or 2030 will almost certainly pass and if it doesn't then there is provision for that to be retested every 7 years if needs be.

People need to get away from unity-SF, BP-SF and just think about reunification on its own merits.
The southern electorate now equate unity or reunification as being owned by SF and it isn't and never was.
The civic movements such as Ireland's Future and Shared Ireland Podcast have done trojan work in this regard especially with detailed analysis of the economic issues surrounding unity. John Doyle in DCU has published multiple papers on that alone.

The other issue is the current government's antipathy to unity.
That is a self-preservational and anti-SF thing rather than an ideological thing.
In a UI, FG/FF would not be able to presume government although in all likelihood depending on the model they would find coalition partners in unionism in the North handily enough.

Unity is coming. If we plan for it and do it right it can unlock massive all island potential. There is nothing to fear from it and certainly not a civil war or loyalist insurgency.
🤣 I guess his parents lied to him so.

And FF? Are they now, or were they ever, populist? :cool:
My memory was in 1977 it was FF under Jack Lynch - the givaway budget that we were said to be paying for over a decade later. As populist a manifesto as ever there was. And unsurprisingly it led to a landslide victory for FF and a huge deficit.
Fianna Fail party supporters are always bitching and claiming credit for stuff jimmy - not a whole lot you can do about it.
Have you a split personality or what ?

Here you are throwing up posts about FF, a political party which you were a member of before you went in with the Cult SF/IRA.

You are unreal

Have you a split personality or what ?

Here you are throwing up posts about FF, a political party which you were a member of before you went in with the Cult SF/IRA.

You are unreal

Do you think once somebody joins an organisation that defines them for life? Doesn't matter if they see corruption or sneakiness after they join that's the die cast and that defines them for life or something?

I guess that may be why people here think you're still a CIE bus-driver. ;)

Beep-beep.

Do you think once somebody joins an organisation that defines them for life? Doesn't matter if they see corruption or sneakiness after they join that's the die cast and that defines them for life or something?
Are you the same fellah who joined the organisation that justifies the murder of innocent women and children and also defends kangaroo courts and then attacked the victim of rape online?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Jan McCullough: Night Class

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼