Your Mental Health

EnnisY is pulling a classic EnnisY stunt here again. I've a ticket to United v Watford on Saturday, flights and hotels booked, and I've made the call that I'm not going. Absolutely no reason for it, Friday is even payday. I'm not a United fan but I like crossing off clubs and stadiums from my list and I got a ticket for £38.

I've done this a few times now, where I've skipped a trip or an event for absolutely no reason. This time I'm feeling particularly burned out and I think the idea of being abroad and away from home has been playing on me.

Not looking for sympathy, just wanted to vent and say wtf EnnisY

It's been a few years since I almost said goodbye to the world but making a call kept me alive and although I had to
wait for inpatient help I got it and I'm coping. Sadly the help I got is not available to people without health insurance and
it makes me sad that so many people are at rock bottom and only getting at best basic help from the public system.

When I was brought there it was basically "Sorry you're unwell heres some lefleats on breathing exercises and we can see you outpatient
in 3 months time" I had insurance so got inpatient care outside of Cork and my life was saved. Mental health in this country is a jokeshope for
most people and every single politician with their big talk can go fuck themselves. I got lucky but theres more than a few people I grew up with no longer here due to the incompetent public system.

That being said going private can be tough due to a kind of bias towards the silver spoon brigade but as I said I got lucky and got good
inpatient help although it's as if some people have a free reign in that system too. Of course it is infitely better than the public system
but many are left frustrated as if Nothing Compares To Them.

Complaints were made by people who had their sessions with either a psychologist or head nurse was cancelled because
someone wanted full attention because nothing or no one compared to them. Although they were claiming they would bring doctors
and nurses to the high court for not meeting their requests it was tolerated because nothing compared to them.

Public system is hugely flawed and while private hospital is totally better in all ways it can be frustrating to regular people
going through terrible things. I think the public has a right to know how a person who groomed and raped a child over
and over was given 12 months in patient care because apparently his journalism skills were amazeballs.

Again, I'm surviving, I'm going to carry on with life because I can't or never will give up. I beat suicide, lads, I beat suicide
and I'm not a super tough guy but by christ I have won.

Just saying people are getting fucked over and to know people have been fucked over because nothing compares to them
or they knew how to write an article makes me fucking sick.

stay strong lads and lasses if you need help reach out to someone it will get better.

It's been a few years since I almost said goodbye to the world but making a call kept me alive and although I had to
wait for inpatient help I got it and I'm coping. Sadly the help I got is not available to people without health insurance and
it makes me sad that so many people are at rock bottom and only getting at best basic help from the public system.

When I was brought there it was basically "Sorry you're unwell heres some lefleats on breathing exercises and we can see you outpatient
in 3 months time" I had insurance so got inpatient care outside of Cork and my life was saved. Mental health in this country is a jokeshope for
most people and every single politician with their big talk can go fuck themselves. I got lucky but theres more than a few people I grew up with no longer here due to the incompetent public system.

That being said going private can be tough due to a kind of bias towards the silver spoon brigade but as I said I got lucky and got good
inpatient help although it's as if some people have a free reign in that system too. Of course it is infitely better than the public system

Complaints were made by people who had their sessions with either a psychologist or head nurse was cancelled because
someone wanted full attention because nothing or no one compared to them. Although they were claiming they would bring doctors
and nurses to the high court for not meeting their requests it was tolerated because nothing compared to them.

Public system is hugely flawed and while private hospital is totally better in all ways it can be frustrating to regular people
going through terrible things. I think the public has a right to know how a person who groomed and raped a child over
and over was given 12 months in patient care because apparently his journalism skills were amazeballs.

Again, I'm surviving, I'm going to carry on with life because I can't or never will give up. I beat suicide, lads, I beat suicide

Just saying people are getting fucked over and to know people have been fucked over because nothing compares to them

stay strong lads and lasses if you need help reach out to someone it will get better.
fair play Jack, sounds like a tough road but you got there 👍

EnnisY is pulling a classic EnnisY stunt here again. I've a ticket to United v Watford on Saturday, flights and hotels booked, and I've made the call that I'm not going. Absolutely no reason for it, Friday is even payday. I'm not a United fan but I like crossing off clubs and stadiums from my list and I got a ticket for £38.

I've done this a few times now, where I've skipped a trip or an event for absolutely no reason. This time I'm feeling particularly burned out and I think the idea of being abroad and away from home has been playing on me.

Better off, United are muck at the moment.

Well done Jack, you got through it and are the better for it. Stay strong 💪

Well done m8, incredible going despite the failings of the system. Great to hear some positivity at the moment. It’s important your story gets out that despite dark times there Is a solution.

Well that solves the “where is Ennis_y”conundrum.

He obviously had a change of heart, went to the game and died of boredom.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Joe Mac

Cantys, Tomorrow @ 6pm

More events ▼