De Irish Times 'all men are bastards' thread

Then why is there a gender imbalance in relation to housework and child care? Why is there a gender pay gap?

I don't agree that those things are just a consequence of past inequality.
Whose fault is the gender imbalance in relation to housework and child care within a family where two adults come to a mutual arrangement? Are you trying to man-shame your own husband here btw?

Gender pay gap? Say what you will about the public sector but at least that bullshit was sorted there in the last Millennium.

Clearly the concept of how societal norms develop and how they can be altered, is beyond you Soundy. But if you think that society/state don't have an impact in this, then why is it do you think that the state are changing how maternity leave can be allocated, and have introduced paternity and parental leave? Given that you seem to think that the state has no function here...

Also, this is not about me and my husband and our childcare arrangements - not sure why you keep trying to make it personal.

Not sure why I keep trying to make it personal but you think there's "nothing to see here" when ALL men get accused of something which they're not guilty of.

BTW, two of my pals were "house husbands" since back in the 1980s. It's what couples do. They decide what would work best for them. Kinda silly that you would want the government/society/opinion writers in national media to impose there mores on how private individuals allocate their "chores".

Main thing I've learned over past days having spoken to women in the flesh:

They do not have an irrational fear of walking down the street.
They think the vast majority of men are decent human beings.

Which confirms for me, these feminazis on the internet and media are hysterical fear mongerers, and actually represent a minority, not a majority.

Whose fault is the gender imbalance in relation to housework and child care within a family where two adults come to a mutual arrangement? Are you trying to man-shame your own husband here btw?

Gender pay gap? Say what you will about the public sector but at least that bullshit was sorted there in the last Millennium.
Why do you keep trying to bring my husband into this?

Reports this morning that only a tiny fraction of domestic abuse cases result in a conviction, There still seems to be a lot of " Ah he says he is sorry and it will never happen again" attitudes,

Doesn't help that frequently the victims say "I know he/she loves me really and I love him/her and I don't want them to get into any trouble. If only the beatings would stop, underneath it all they're really a nice person" kind of sh*te!

Not sure why I keep trying to make it personal but you think there's "nothing to see here" when ALL men get accused of something which they're not guilty of.

BTW, two of my pals were "house husbands" since back in the 1980s. It's what couples do. They decide what would work best for them. Kinda silly that you would want the government/society/opinion writers in national media to impose there mores on how private individuals allocate their "chores".
So you missed the approximately 1000 times over the last week where I have said " not all men, no one is saying all men" did you?

Doesn't help that frequently the victims say "I know he/she loves me really and I love him/her and I don't want them to get into any trouble. If only the beatings would stop, underneath it all they're really a nice person" kind of sh*te!
Ah victim blaming. Fantastic. Just what this thread was short...

Why do you keep trying to bring my husband into this?

Why do you keep trying to excuse the c*nts that are trying to blame ALL men for the misbehaviour of just some men? By extension, not alone are you blaming me and every other male poster on PROC, you're also blaming your husband. No harm you'd realise that.

So you missed the approximately 1000 times over the last week where I have said " not all men, no one is saying all men" did you?

No we saw that, and we saw where evidence was produced to you that in fact many people ARE saying all men, but of course you want to deny that FACT with your risible claim, which you've again repeated for the 1000 time that "no one is saying all men". You are wrong. There are plenty of people saying ALL men. They are even in the mainstream media. But you keep trying to pretend it's not happening when it is.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

DJ Val

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 11pm

More events ▼