The Official Man Utd Thread - Part 3.

Phil, I'm tired m8, I really am.

I've extensively posted as to why they're a bunch of cunts. Hank has too when he takes a breather from bumming Jose

The rot starts with them. The club is not built for success, its built for dividends. Yes, poor management, bad recruitment etc is playing a part. But it always leads back to the dividend and the debt. Every important decision revolves around those two things.

IMHO the line you're drawing between cause and effect is too fuzzy.

Off the back of a 2nd place finish there were no notable departures and they brought in a world-class centre-back, an £80m winger and (in your words) the GOAT.

• Were those decisions driven by a need to maximise dividends and service debt?
  • Or did they do more than any other club in Europe, bar maybe PSG - who spent around half as much on fees, to give their club a chance at having a strong season?

No-one is trying to make out that they are good owners. They are a bunch of cnuts. But they aren't the fundamental impediment to success that you are making out.

Prime Fergie would struggle now, I'm convinced of it.

I'm not. Klopp has done a pretty decent job at staying competitive, despite a big financial gulf.

With the level of wages & transfer spend that the Glazer have sanctioned I think Fergie would be right in the mix most seasons.

Juan Mata 'wanted by Real Sociedad' with LaLiga outfit hoping Manchester United let him leave as a free agent in January

iu

Phil, when it comes to the Glazers there is NOTHING fuzzy about my thinking

United need midfielders . In a well run United there would be NOTHING to stop them purchasing two in this window. United are possibly the only club in the world that could genuinely adhere to FFP and keep pace with the oil clubs

But they can't. Why? The dividend and the debt. They come first. Roughly 2 billion its cost the club now

Another example

The year United came second under Jose, Cloudy was on here going on about this new fangled xG and how de gea was performing unsustainable miracles .

Jose spent the summer letting the world know he wanted centre backs.

They bought him Fred and Dalot. Why?

The dividend and the debt.

I don't think Jose would have succeeded anyway, but he was set up to fail and I know this much,

He knows more about football than me
He knows more than the cunts too.
He probably even knows more than cloudy, but we can debate that another day

As for your comments about Klopp keeping Liverpool competitive, so what? 6 times chanpions of Europe being competitive is the bare minimum. Ye have a genius manager, who with the right backing could bloody dominate, but he's hamstrung by crap owners.

Just like us and our shit managers

Last edited:
Leveraged buy-outs are very common in the corporate world. Once the PL was formed, they got into bed with Sky and many clubs went public they dug themselves deeper and deeper into that world.

It would be great if the fit-and-proper tested included a "Do you actually have enough money to buy this club?" section. But that horse has well & truly bolted.

That’s fucking subtle m8.
Take a bow. 😂😂

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Damien Dempsey
Live At The Marquee, Showgrounds, Ballintemple

8th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

The Teachers’ Lounge (12A)

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼