The Religion Poisons Everything Thread

By the way, going by that quote is it to taken that the Pope doesn't judge people as long as they accept the Lord.

So if I don't accept his Lord does he judge me?

I think the point was more "if they want to be people of faith then who are I to judge them", rather than a "If they are not of faith I will judge them"

Not trying to be smart here but that doesn't really answer my question.

What is the actual stance?

Is it a sin to be a homosexual?

By Catholic Law, yes it is .

Of course such is the super irony considering the revelations.

The 'softening' in my opinion, as has been said, is a necessary concession.

They have to play a card that does not alienate the now free thinkers.

However the free thinkers are still completely suffused in the brainwash that is organised religion. I call them the thinking oppressed.

The 'real' free thinkers simply have rejected, and moved on.

Completely.

By Catholic Law, yes it is .

Of course such is the super irony considering the revelations.

What does that mean? How is the Church's position on homosexuality "ironic" considering the revelations of clerical sexual abuse of children?

That's a very dangerous word to use there, I reckon.

What does that mean? How is the Church's position on homosexuality "ironic" considering the revelations of clerical sexual abuse of children?

That's a very dangerous word to use there, I reckon.

To me it is ironic . Because it is laughable that the stance the Catholic Church takes on homosexuality is completely questionable given the revelations.

To me it is ironic . Because it is laughable that the stance the Catholic Church takes on homosexuality is completely questionable given the revelations.

So you think it is ironic because it is laughable? Those things are not the same though.

Why do the revelations about child abuse make the churches teaching on homosexuality questionable?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

9th May 2024 @ 4:00 pm
More info..

Sunday & Bank Holiday Tours

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 2pm

More events ▼