Women and pints..

My wife appeared in the Sunday World years ago in their PubSpy campaign to stop publicans refusing to serve pints to women. A strike for women's liberation on a par with the condom train from Belfast

My wife appeared in the Sunday World years ago in their PubSpy campaign to stop publicans refusing to serve pints to women. A strike for women's liberation on a par with the condom train from Belfast

cool !! this lady rang in and said her friends used to go to bars and try order pints..the young barman called the guards and blocked the entrances and all..crazy fucking times..thats why im so surprised at opinions now

been there..i did this month long detox thingy before..i ended up being the taxi too..its amazing watching people get drunk in front of you when your blood sober..people repeating themselves (i do this) and screaming into your ear lol..to be honest with pints im a cheap night out anyways,i cant drink too many of them.:)

Yep, don't get me wrong, its actually the realisation that its what I can be like:)

so its fine to knock back 12 shots and a few shorts but not to have a few pints?

just curious as to the logic of it?
and nothing wrong with being a lush in your own time is there? most of em can handle their drink better than the non-lush types in this town...

I know what you mean alright - Its easier to horse thru glasses of wine and they have a similar alc content to a pint.

tis more that those who do actually go for pints are the type that may be over fond of the booze anyway.

I know what you mean alright - Its easier to horse thru glasses of wine and they have a similar alc content to a pint.

Hang on - alcohol content of wine is 12-14%
Alcohol content of lager is 4-6%.

One glass of wine is 1 unit, 1 pint is 2 units.
So 1 pint is still two-thirds the alcohol of a glass of wine.

I also find that you're likely to drink more with wine.
If there are two of you, you'll buy the bottle as it's more economical.
With a pint, you can stop after 2 (whoever says one is a liar).

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
SAL
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

28th Sep 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Henry Prune

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 7:30pm

More events ▼