Which sports book are you reading at the moment?

Cryuff; My Turn

There's a fierce wiff of "I was right about everything" off it, but it's interesting to hear the thoughts of a legend of the game nonetheless.

And he has a lot to say.

Lol Keegans book was a bit like that.

I'd have Agassi and Ancelotti's as the two best sports books Ive read so far.

90% of them are either
a) needless to say I had the last laugh or b) too bland to merit a book in the first place

Cryuff; My Turn

There's a fierce wiff of "I was right about everything" off it, but it's interesting to hear the thoughts of a legend of the game nonetheless.

And he has a lot to say.
Read some more of this today. Old JC is undoubtedly one of the best players to ever grace a pitch, but I'd say he could start a fight in an empty room.

MAkes for a great book though. Nearly chucked it after the first two chapters thinking it was going to be a typical bland footballer autobiography. Anything but, highly recommend.

90% of them are either
a) needless to say I had the last laugh or b) too bland to merit a book in the first place
Read Agassi's recently, great book in fairness.

Also read Martin O'Neill's recently, jesus is it dry!!

Finished the Johan Cryuff book last night. As well as being able to start a fight in an empty room, it's clear he had a magnificent football brain. As he was explaining his thoughts on the game, I could visualise Man City doing all the the things he spoke about.

One thing I completely agree with him on (I bet he's pleased if he's reading this in the ether world) is skills can be improved with practice, and professionals today don't seem to do that.

Antony has one thing that's he's very good at, namely turning inside and getting a shot at goal. And everyone fucking knows this. But imagine an Antony that could also skin you on the outside and get a decent cross/pullback in. That was be a very dangerous player. And if spent the time working at it in training he could at least become decent at it. Why he, and other pros don't do this is a fucking mystery to me.

90% of them are either
I’d must give Ancelotti’s a read, he’s always fascinated me. Such an unassuming character but what a career and still has a lot more to give I’d imagine.

Would have loved to see him at United.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
Blarney Castle Hotel, The Square, Blarney

25th Jun 2024 @ 9:30 pm
More info..

Jimmy Lee

Dwyers Of Cork, Tomorrow @ 9:30pm

More events ▼