What TV Series Are You Watching Now?

Dark Matter

Apple+ TV are certainly spoiling us sci-fi fans in the past few months, up now and streaming is 'Dark Matter', a sci-fi novel written by Blake Crouch published back in 2016.

Set in Chicago (will keep Doc happy), it tells the story of Jason Dessen, a professor in physics at his local college and happily married with one son. One night he goes to a bar where a friend of his is celebrating winning an award, on the way home he gets kidnapped and wakes up in a facility that he doesn't know surrounded by people he's never met.

You can read this Wikipedia article below, but major plot spoilers are in it, the reason is that the author Blake Crouch has both created and written this nine-episode series so we're getting it exactly as the author told it.

**Spoilers!! you have been warned**
Jennifer Connolly could do with a few sandwiches. As my mother would have said, there isn't a pick on her, just skin and bone. I used to have the hots for her back in the day.

Interview with the Vampire
Season Two

Based on the famous Anne Rice books, season one was quite good, episode one of season two just dropped last night so will probably watch it tonight, judging by the trailer it looks promising.
It changes the story an awful lot, but somehow it's truer to the spirit of the book(s) than the Neil Jordan film.

And, incredibly, Sam Reid does a better Lestat than Tom Cruise (who I thought would always be the supreme Lestat). Watch him in a show called The Newsreader (with Fringe's own Anna Torv, who's brilliant in it). The guy is a powerhouse. Future megastar.

Mr Inbetween - 8/10

Strooth, the Strayans do good TV.
I was watching that and enjoying it, but the missus got fed up of it so we stopped at the end of S2 I think.. I should fire the rest of it on when she's not around

Im back watching Snowfall after a bit of a break, about half way through S4 now and really enjoying it again

I was watching that and enjoying it, but the missus got fed up of it so we stopped at the end of S2 I think.. I should fire the rest of it on when she's not around

Im back watching Snowfall after a bit of a break, about half way through S4 now and really enjoying it again
I've only seen the first three or four episodes of Snowfall. Will definitely get back to it.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Gables, Douglas St.

29th May 2024 @ 9:30 pm
More info..

Open Mic Night

Fred Zeppelins, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼