What TV Series Are You Watching Now?

They completely sorted this out towards the end of Season 1 and through S2. Really enjoyed it in the end.. great story in fairness and Buss is a bit of a ledge!

Great quote from Buss about the potential to sell the club for billions:
“I remember the first time he was offered a billion dollars for the Lakers and that was maybe 2003 or 2004, after the 3-peat that we had," Jeanie Buss said. "He just was so shocked by that and couldn’t even imagine the team being worth that much. But he said ‘You know, Jeanie, the problem with that is that’s so much money. I would get the money and people would say what are you going to do with all that money? The first thing I’d want to do is buy the Lakers.’”
I really enjoyed this series.
A bit loose with truth and facts but just great entertainment.

I'm not sure about Shogun. It looks great but the main character is annoying and they seem to have thrown in a load of battles for no reason. It's like they tried to make a historical Japanese tale for the Game of Thrones generation. I'll watch it to the end but it's also a little drawn out. I think the original series in 1980 was only 4 episodes.

note: If you download the original 1980 version, don't be like me and spend ages online looking for the Japanese subtitles because the Japanese parts aren't subtitled lol. It's to do with conveying the main characters fear and isolation in a foreign land

I'm not sure about Shogun. It looks great but the main character is annoying and they seem to have thrown in a load of battles for no reason. It's like they tried to make a historical Japanese tale for the Game of Thrones generation. I'll watch it to the end but it's also a little drawn out. I think the original series in 1980 was only 4 episodes.

note: If you download the original 1980 version, don't be like me and spend ages online looking for the Japanese subtitles because the Japanese parts aren't subtitled lol. It's to do with conveying the main characters fear and isolation in a foreign land
Captivating show in the 80s, Shogun gave rise to loads of amateur impressionists 😀

Richard Chamberlain went on to star in the Thorn Birds which gave us the prescient Barbara Stanwyck prononciation of Drugeeda....

I was too busy having a life in the 90s so I missed Sharpe on TV, however YouTube helpfully suggested it on channel "crusher", and am just about to start watching episode 13 of the 16. A really enjoyable show, with so many great Irish actors, many of whom I had forgotten about.

Fallout

Time to enter the World of G.E.C.K.'s, synths, vaults, Minute Men, Brotherhood of Steel....if you don't know what the heck I'm on about, you didn't play the popular series of games called 'Fallout'.

This is Amazon Prime's attempt to bring the game series to the screen with this eight-part season, all of which came out together today, have only watched Episode One so far which begins with a birthday party with a cowboy as the entertainer, then the nukes start flying and we go forward to nearly 200 years later with life in Vault 33 in Los Angeles. Seeing as this is set in the Fallout year of about 2296 and the last Fallout game Las Vegas was set in 2287, it leaves the writers plenty of scope to tell their own version of events and how the post nuclear land above ground is.

We get introduced to Lucy, Maximus and the Ghoul who all seem to be the main characters.
If you've played the games all the references and settings will be familiar, if you've never heard of the games, it might be a hard sell, at just over 1hr 15mins Ep 1 felt more like a movie, let's see how it all plays out.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Damien Dempsey
Live At The Marquee, Showgrounds, Ballintemple

8th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Curtin // Keating: Sit Stand Smoke

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼