UCC loses €11.2 million in 2023

There are very few Senior Admin I (could count them on one hand I expect). There is no Head of College salary per se - like VPs, these are full professor salary plus a meagre extra allowance (10% I think) - worth SFA after 60+% deductions and in no way reflective of the work required compared to 'just' a prof. In all / almost all cases these people will have been full prof anyway. Senior Admin II scale is the same as full prof - not many of these around either (single digits I think) - there are FAR more full profs getting that coin, some of these work hard, others don't do a tap. There are no admin staff on €250k except *maybe* head of finance, HR and legal - and even they may not be. Those III and IV scales - €110/120k is frankly not massive money these days and most of those will be busy, busy jobs.

III and IV aren't massive but still nice money. But Senior II is 170K and Senior I is well north of 200K. And as I understand it there are four Heads of College.

It depends on length of service - usually a single increment per year.
Very few would be on the higher end of the scale. And as pointed out by others those that are typically are in very senior positions with responsibility and bring in significant amounts of research grants etc for the University. Top line figures are not always the best metric.

III and IV aren't massive but still nice money. But Senior II is 170K and Senior I is well north of 200K. And as I understand it there are four Heads of College.
Apologies, edited my post re HOcs etc before you replied:
BTW those 'officer' jobs you mention are academic positions, not admin as such - all would normally be profs already. And pretty much all doing insane amounts of extra work for not much extra money - these folk are hugely driven and ambitious!

There are very few Senior Admin I and II - I don't know for sure but I reckon it's likely to be less than 10 in total for both grades combined - if it's more than that, it's not by much. As above, HOC, Registrar etc are all academic roles, fulfilled by professors. Senior Admin II scale is the same (as in, literally the same) as full prof but there are many, many times more profs on that scale than admin.

Apologies, edited my post re HOcs etc before you replied:
BTW those 'officer' jobs you mention are academic positions, not admin as such - all would normally be profs already. And pretty much all doing insane amounts of extra work for not much extra money - these folk are hugely driven and ambitious!

There are very few Senior Admin I and II - I don't know for sure but I reckon it's likely to be less than 10 in total for both grades combined - if it's more than that, it's not by much. As above, HOC, Registrar etc are all academic roles, fulfilled by professors. Senior Admin II scale is the same (as in, literally the same) as full prof but there are many, many times more profs on that scale than admin.

I happen to know two "Officers of the University" neither of whom are even Academics, never mind Professors. Indeed their education never even went as far as a Masters never mind PhDs - not that I hold with all the academic snobbery which can be rife in such institutions. Both are senior administrators on over 200K. One in fairness does work long hours - 8ish to 6ish most days. The other, not so much.

They'll take it back by putting on an extra charge to student registration fees.
I remember back in the day there was an extra charge for building the student centre whether you liked it or not.

They'll take it back by putting on an extra charge to student registration fees.
I remember back in the day there was an extra charge for building the student centre whether you liked it or not.

Think they're saying that they'll make up the shortfall by postponing a couple of largescale building projects including the Dental Hospital upgrade and the new Business School which was due for South Terrace in town, as well as some millions in donations coming in from benefactors.

I happen to know two "Officers of the University" neither of whom are even Academics, never mind Professors. Indeed their education never even went as far as a Masters never mind PhDs - not that I hold with all the academic snobbery which can be rife in such institutions. Both are senior administrators on over 200K. One in fairness does work long hours - 8ish to 6ish most days. The other, not so much.
I was referring to "President, Heads of College, The Bursar," in your earlier post (although to be fair, I misread Bursar as Registrar - Registrar is academic, Bursar is not). There are loads of assorted Officer, Director etc posts, none paying €200k+ that I'm aware of other than some of the most senior roles, with very experienced people and, as above, this would be a very small number. I'm intrigued - PM me their names (or even initials) if you like and I'll enquire with my close family member there.

Did you actually read those scales and what some of those people are on? :oops:

Senior Admin IV are now on a top of 110,250
Senior Admin III are now on a top of 119,988
Senior Admin II are now on a top of 169,770
and Senior Admin I isn't published - that might have escaped you.

Do you honestly believe the likes of the President, Heads of College, The Bursar, and other "Officers" of the University are on a smaller salary than Professors, Associate Professors and Senior lecturers for example who in some cases are on 250K and more!
Tldr,

heads of dept are on €250,000 a year.

according to soundY..

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Sweet East (NC)
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

30th Apr 2024 @ 6:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼