UCC loses €11.2 million in 2023

The flood defences worked perfectly well...................until a security guard thought it would be a good idea to see if they worked well, and opened them up for a gander. YCMIU.

Except it looks like you DID make it up. There were no flood defences in place working perfectly well or otherwise either in the Glucksman or in much of the other UCC infrastructure prior to the 2009 flood. Since then some of the buildings have been retrofitted with flood defences.

Funny how your story was that a security guard rather than say a Professor or student thought it would be a good idea to see if they worked well :unsure:

Apparently the newly appointed Head of Governing Authority of UCC, who is himself a Chartered Accountant formerly of KPMG. Didn't like what he saw apparently
Sean o driscoll ex glen dimplex and KPMG will crack the whip when he settles into the job.
He has a whip available to as he is a very big horse owner.
Being a cousin of Berie Ahern who is an accountant also will enable him to get some accountancy tips which will keep the books in a healthy state.
Give him some time.

Sean o driscoll ex glen dimplex and KPMG will crack the whip when he settles into the job.
Being a cousin of Berie Ahern who is an accountant also will enable him to get some accountancy tips which will keep the books in a healthy state.
Give him some time.
You are such a gossip it is unbelievable

Senior Management knew damn well this was coming, it didn't just appear out of thin air. It's always a possibility that the deficit was inflated to secure extra state funding.

Except it looks like you DID make it up. There were no flood defences in place working perfectly well or otherwise either in the Glucksman or in much of the other UCC infrastructure prior to the 2009 flood. Since then some of the buildings have been retrofitted with flood defences.

Funny how your story was that a security guard rather than say a Professor or student thought it would be a good idea to see if they worked well :unsure:
Why would I make it up? That's the story I heard years ago. If a professor or student had opened it up THAT would be the story. I think you got out of bed on the wrong side today.

Care to point out the flaws in what has been posted so far Cranky? I'm told it's likely to be more than the 11.2M by the way.
What was said about research is bull. They are hardly paying 200k salaries for administrators. PhD supervisors and the likes may not do the actual research themselves but they play a massive role in guiding students and getting them to a stage where they will pass a viva. Just an example. Thats no easy job.

Give him some time.

That's the guy alright. Think UCC Governing Body meets only a once a month or once a quarter so not sure he'll be all that busy tbh.

Didn't know he was a cousin of Bertie Aherne's. Wait til I tell my buddy that :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Senior Management knew damn well this was coming, it didn't just appear out of thin air. It's always a possibility that the deficit was inflated to secure extra state funding.

Pal of mine works in UCC and he said that someone there told him (I know, duirt bean liom go nduirt ban lei) that in the last 30+ years this is the THIRD such scandal. It would be funny if it wasn't so serious

What was said about research is bull. They are hardly paying 200k salaries for administrators. PhD supervisors and the likes may not do the actual research themselves but they play a massive role in guiding students and getting them to a stage where they will pass a viva. Just an example. Thats no easy job.

A lot of heads of Depts at that level (they're the few who are said to be on 250K and up) don't do much research at all I'm told. They mainly oversee other people to do it having no input on the day to day in terms of the research but they manage the staff under them, attend conferences, submit proposals and the like. It's an administrative role even if it isn't always an administrative title

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Low-key Funny
The Roundy, Castle St.

3rd Jul 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼