The Two Johnnies

RTE seems to be into that kind of thing. There's this other programme where a group of troubled lads climb a mountain or something and then at the end, the leader of the group gives an emotional speech about their achievement, the importance of male mental health, and then they all hug while fighting back tears to an orchestral crescendo.

I think it was called, "Sex with Richard Sadlier".

:lol!:

They are an embarrassment, a throw back to how the rest of the world viewed the average Irishman in the 1960’s.
Go to any small town or village and you will see their likes ambling about the place, I was passed through one such village yesterday and there were yahoos out burning pallets at different locations entering the village and so on, I don't know what the occasion was but the locals seemed very invested in it, fat lads with hi viz jackets were patrolling the main boulevard directing traffic and trying to look official, there was an air of quiet desperation about proceedings tbh.

It's like on Stephens Day when the buckos are out doing the Puc Fada, or is that Christmas Day?

Road bowling is another favourite past time of these country bumpkins, I can hardly think of a drearier way of spending a rainy Sunday afternoon than watching some galoot throwing a ball of iron down the road.

Go to any small town or village and you will see their likes ambling about the place, I was passed through one such village yesterday and there were yahoos out burning pallets at different locations entering the village and so on, I don't know what the occasion was but the locals seemed very invested in it, fat lads with hi viz jackets were patrolling the main boulevard directing traffic and trying to look official, there was an air of quiet desperation about proceedings tbh.

It's like on Stephens Day when the buckos are out doing the Puc Fada, or is that Christmas Day?

Road bowling is another favourite past time of these country bumpkins, I can hardly think of a drearier way of spending a rainy Sunday afternoon than watching some galoot throwing a ball of iron down the road.
The pallet burning at entrances to the village means they've won something at gaa.

The main attraction of road bowling seems to be gambling.

Yeah theres f*cking idiots everywhere m8.

See the Rochestown Park last Saturday night.

Should we give them a tv show?

Their style of bufoonery was outdated 30 years ago. The sooner these gobshites are cancelled the better.

The 2 Johnnies new RTE show takes major ratings slump as viewers tune out

The 2 Johnnies’ new RTE2 show has taken a nosedive in ratings, as thousands tune out of their Late Night Lock In. Figures released by RTE reveal an average 83,600 people tuned into Thursday night’s episode, which welcomes guests Andrew Maxwell and Pussycat Dolls Kimberly Wyatt to the show. Their show the previous week on November 2 has seen 127,000 people tuned in over the course of the week. It is not known how many tuned in on the night.

I must say I’m shocked.

Saw some of this bilge on telly recently. It was absolutely cringeworthy, with some in the "audience" looking like living proof that siblings shouldn't have romantic liaisons.

The 2 Johnnies new RTE show takes major ratings slump as viewers tune out

The 2 Johnnies’ new RTE2 show has taken a nosedive in ratings, as thousands tune out of their Late Night Lock In. Figures released by RTE reveal an average 83,600 people tuned into Thursday night’s episode, which welcomes guests Andrew Maxwell and Pussycat Dolls Kimberly Wyatt to the show. Their show the previous week on November 2 has seen 127,000 people tuned in over the course of the week. It is not known how many tuned in on the night.

I must say I’m shocked.
I am very surprised by that, was there a tractor run being broadcast live on RTE One at the same time?

Where was this village, blue.

What do you do, sit around using the internet? I think social activities in an outdoor setting are to be encouraged (unless you’re down in the woods near the Marina).

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Open Streets: Boolaboom Busking
Cornmarket Centre, Cornmarket St.

19th May 2024 @ 1:00 pm
More info..

Centre Stage School Footworks 2024

Cork Opera House, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼