The Two Johnnies

I think RTE panicked a few years ago and thought there was too many D4 types on the airwaves and then threw anybody with a regional accent on. Not my cup of tea but there are popular enough. Loads of great Irish comedians at the moment who dont work for RTE.

How in the scuttering fuck did this happen? I'm sure they're considered to be gas crack altogether in the pub, after a few pints, but in the name of all the gods, leave it fucking there. RTE has scraped through the bottom of the barrel and are about to hit bedrock.
There are 10 fellas in the local pub where I grew up that are funnier versions of those two. I cannot get their appeal at all.

There are 10 fellas in the local pub where I grew up that are funnier versions of those two. I cannot get their appeal at all.
They're about as funny as a good solid kick in the nuts, but my youngfella and his buddies loved the songs (not music!) they made, listened to it over and over .. the 2 Johnnys managed to figure out a nice formula there with the humorous, GAA, country angle.

The only saving grace in it all is that th tickets were sold out for the Point by the time the youngfella copped on they were playing.. or that was me in there listening to songs about teachers, students, nurses, guards...

They're about as funny as a good solid kick in the nuts, but my youngfella and his buddies loved the songs (not music!) they made, listened to it over and over .. the 2 Johnnys managed to figure out a nice formula there with the humorous, GAA, country angle.

The only saving grace in it all is that th tickets were sold out for the Point by the time the youngfella copped on they were playing.. or that was me in there listening to songs about teachers, students, nurses, guards...
Well if they sold out quickly they might put on another show.

I'll tell the young lad to look out for it.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Ride
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

4th Sep 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Brewhouse Jazz

Franciscan Well Brew Pub, Today @ 6:30pm

More events ▼