The Sanders Option

Well the only way to get to him is to kill yourself LMRTPP and to be fair even I think that that is a wee bit extreme :)

And technically if all the bastard child-molesting priests... And of course the not bastard child-molesting priests, and of course the bastard priests and of course the not bastard priests are right... Then killing yourself will only lead to hell, hot poker in the ass for all eternity territory... Who'll be fucked up then ha??? HA???

I think I'm at least partly responsible for the Sanders option phenomenon - Claire.h had a hand in it too, as I recall. So I imagine that gives me the authority to say, yeah, it's time to call a halt. I've been saying it since early August, in fact.

I think I'm at least partly responsible for the Sanders option phenomenon - Claire.h had a hand in it too, as I recall. So I imagine that gives me the authority to say, yeah, it's time to call a halt. I've been saying it since early August, in fact.

i believe i've expressed my disapproval more than once, but here is cold hard evidence of same from late july:

http://www.peoplesrepublicofcork.com/~peoplesr/forums/showpost.php?p=2168042&postcount=45

i spent the bones of 10 minutes tracking that down. it's tough to do a search for a concept ('steve expresses disapproval for shoddy steve related poll options') rather than a search term. i believe it's this difficulty that trasna may have been alluding to when deriding the search engine for it's poor mind reading skills.

Damn you, NME, for telling on me.
My records show that I have posted 5 polls in 2008 and 2 of them included the 'sanders option'. One of them included sanders as a non-sanders option.

In fairness, I sometimes find the sanders option less unfunny than the rest. I thought it was our thing, you know? That small little thing that we did with each other and wouldn't mean anything to anyone else? But, fine, if you don't want to have a thing with me, I'll stand with the party line.

if only there were some way we could get the views of the many in a neat, organised and democratic way, rather than just divining their opinions from a smattering of posts.

but no - enough.

Damn you, NME, for telling on me.
My records show that I have posted 5 polls in 2008 and 2 of them included the 'sanders option'. One of them included sanders as a non-sanders option.

In fairness, I sometimes find the sanders option less unfunny than the rest. I thought it was our thing, you know? That small little thing that we did with each other and wouldn't mean anything to anyone else? But, fine, if you don't want to have a thing with me, I'll stand with the party line.

It'll always be something special that we created between us, Claire. Our very own INTERNET meme. But you have to know when to let go. It stopped being funny when unfunny people started using it. "Sanders should pork them" was a particular nadir.

This, as I remember, is how the whole business started:

http://www.peoplesrepublicofcork.com/~peoplesr/forums/showthread.php?t=113575

http://www.peoplesrepublicofcork.com/~peoplesr/forums/showthread.php?t=113614

They're as far back as September 2007. Solid proof, then, that this has gotten old.

Oddly, I don't remember the thread I started at all, nor the real life event that prompted it. The italics indicate that I chose 'perfect memory' in your poll.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Janine Harouni and Aideen McQueen and Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

29th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Derek Burke

Cantys, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼