The official NATIONAL court report thread

Has this latest from Judge NOlan - yeah him again- been covered?

Man who sexually assaulted 16-year-old girl on Ryanair flight handed suspended sentence​

Tareq Elkudir (61) was arrested after he disembarked from the plane in Dublin Airport.
Thu 5:44 PM
A MAN WHO sexually assaulted a 16-year-old girl on a Ryanair flight from Manchester has been handed a suspended sentence.

And that Tareq Elkudir has a previous criminal record. But no, judge Nolan thinks a suspended sentence is appropriate :rolleyes:

Surely TF there must be SOME judge somewhere willing to sign off on a search warrant for Nolan's computer hard-drive. THat's definitely for the checking!

Has this latest from Judge NOlan - yeah him again- been covered?

Man who sexually assaulted 16-year-old girl on Ryanair flight handed suspended sentence​

Tareq Elkudir (61) was arrested after he disembarked from the plane in Dublin Airport.
Thu 5:44 PM
A MAN WHO sexually assaulted a 16-year-old girl on a Ryanair flight from Manchester has been handed a suspended sentence.

And that Tareq Elkudir has a previous criminal record. But no, judge Nolan thinks a suspended sentence is appropriate :rolleyes:

Surely TF there must be SOME judge somewhere willing to sign off on a search warrant for Nolan's computer hard-drive. THat's definitely for the checking!
You need to read up on how and why search warrants are issued.

I could explain it to you, but you would just refuse to accept it.

You need to read up on how and why search warrants are issued.

I could explain it to you, but you would just refuse to accept it.
I seem to recall a warrant being used to search a sitting Judge's PC some years ago.
The local Super. (ahem) left it sitting on his table a little too long and when the Judge's house was raided the warrant had expired. Very cozy setup.

I seem to recall a warrant being used to search a sitting Judge's PC some years ago.
The local Super. (ahem) left it sitting on his table a little too long and when the Judge's house was raided the warrant had expired. Very cozy setup.

I don't believe that the search warrant in that case was deliberately allowed to go out of date. You might disagree with that (I am sure that many would) but it doesn't make sense to me. If the guards didn't want to proceed with the prosecution there are easier ways that the absolute public humiliation of an out of date search warrant.

The state proceeded to prosecute the case on the basis that the search warrant was valid.
The warrant was issued at 3.20 pm on May 20, 2002, and the prosecution claimed it was still valid when it was executed at 2.20 pm on May 27. Which it probably was, but because the time was not stated on the face of the warrant it was deemed to be inadmissible as in the absence of a time on the warrant is it deemed to have lapsed at midnight on the 26th.

It isn't as if the guards let a warrant go a week (or even a day) out of date, which if they were trying to deliberately fuck up a case would have been the safe way to go. It's not a defence of Curtain, but I don't think that it was as it is often painted.

Soundy's notion that a search warrant should or could be issued on the basis of sentencing decisions is ludicrous though.

That there was any fuck up in such an important case would lead me to believe it was done deliberately, come on. How many warrants have there been to search a judge's laptop.And judge,cops Kerry...

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Damien Dempsey
Live At The Marquee, Showgrounds, Ballintemple

8th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Laugh Gaff Comedy

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼