The Official Man City thread

Although I fear for the man in the picture a little bit now. Might end up in the stony lonesome back in Thailand like his missus and we will be back in the shite again...

As a blue mooner of long standing the sooner your man is out of the picture the better.Footie is better off without his ilk.My interest is waning big time these days.Too many vultures picking the bones out of soccer.:(

Just read this on another site.. the poster is a pretty reliable sort on this forum

Originally Posted by Xavi6 View Post
That's right folks, just over a week til the start of the new season and we're apparently royally fecked.

I'm sure most people know of the rumours linking Corluka to Spurs. Well I'm sad to say that it looks like happening, against the wishes of both the player and the manager.

Last season we bought 8 players, none outright, and we are still paying them off. Now with Thaksin's current predicament we have absolutely no cash. Our chief executive Gary Cook was apparently unaware that there were such big payments to be made, hence the sanctioning of the Ben Haim deal. Now we have no choice but to sell and, along with Petrov, Corluka is seen as the player easiest to sell at this time to make ends meat.

A very well informed guy on the City message board has said that Hughes is fuming over the situation and is threatening to walk out on the club if the deal goes through. He wants to this bolox to be out in the open so he knows where he stands. I for one wouldn't blame him if he did go.

Obviously there are all sorts of rumours circulating but the bottom line is we have feck all money and we need to sell one of our biggest assets right on the eve of the season.

:D
You'll be able to save on the open-topped buses this season
then! :rolleyes:

What a cunt:

Manchester City owner Thaksin Shinawatra flees to England to escape court

· Thai courts could issue arrest warrant
· Thaksin claims he was escaping death threats

ThaksinShinDaveThompsonPA46.jpg
Thaksin Shinawatra failed to return to Thailand after being allowed to attend the Olympic opening ceremony in Beijing. Photograph: Dave Thompson / PA

The Manchester City owner Thaksin Shinawatra has travelled to England rather than appear in court in Thailand to answer questions on a property case. Shinawatra and his wife are also currently on bail over corruption charges.

"My wife and I will stay in England where democracy is more important," said Shinawatra in a statement, before insisting the charges are politically motivated. "What happened to me and my family and my close relations resulted from efforts to get rid of me from politics."

The 59-year-old former Thailand prime minister spent the weekend in Beijing after a court allowed him and his wife to attend the opening ceremony of the Olympic Games, however they were expected to return to Thailand afterwards. Instead they flew to England and the Thai court may now issue an arrest warrant for the pair.

Shinawatra was removed from power in Thailand after a military coup in 2006. He completed his purchase of Manchester City in July last year while he was an exile in Britain.
Yeah, he'd know all about undermining democracy. Anyway, he can't even play that card any more- his own party, rebranded, won a landslide victory in the election, is he claiming that this political bias still exists?

His wife is a criminal, he is more than likely a criminal, and he's still not invested a penny of his own money since taking over Man City.

Yes he is. But he's our cunt...;)

Seriously though, I have heard a lot of rumours too from some reliable sources and things don't look to rosy right now. But we'll see. We ain't going down anyway by a long shot.

Ha - that's what you think, sonny boy.

heh heh heh

Sparky's too good for ye.

Just to clarify, the going down bit was in reference to the honourable Missus Thaksin.

Wouldn't mind going down on the daughters all the same though. Fit pair o' Thais.

Sparky, or as we City fans like to call him "That ex-rag cunt" :D will do fine for us - if he stays. We'll get another 6 easy points from the babylon anyway. ;)

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Horgan Brothers: Princes Of The Picture Theatre
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

30th May 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

DJ Jus Me

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 11pm

More events ▼