The Official Liverpool Thread - Part 2

Just listening to Jim and the indomitable Simon on talkSPORT.

De Zerbi mentioned as a potential Liverpool manager.

What has De Zerbi achieved in football to justify such hype?

It’ll tell you a lot about how bad Southgate is when United and Liverpool supporters are hoping he ends up at the other club.

If I was Alonso and picking solely based on football and career(not money) then I’d go to Bayern. Going in directly after Klopp would be a poisoned chalice. Going to Bayern after a rare season in which they don’t win the league means another title is very likely in his first season to further enhance his rep. Staying would be strange as it’s likely the only way is down from him at Leverkusen and there’s two huge jobs available to him. Barcelona will also need a manager.

My guess is Amorim will go to Liverpool.
I believe same!

Just listening to Jim and the indomitable Simon on talkSPORT.

De Zerbi mentioned as a potential Liverpool manager.

What has De Zerbi achieved in football to justify such hype?

He's in the mix for top jobs more for what he may be capable of achieving than what he has achieved so far.

Tactically strong & players seem to really buy in to his methods, but remains to be seen if he can do it at a higher level.

He's in the mix for top jobs more for what he may be capable of achieving than what he has achieved so far.

Tactically strong & players seem to really buy in to his methods, but remains to be seen if he can do it at a higher level.
It’s a fairly unproven/limited list of top managers available or approachable. Alonso has only one year of experience yet was the most wanted man in Europe. I read today that Nagelsmann was on Bayern’s shortlist once again after failing there not so long ago. That says enough of what is out there.

And all that considered I think Amorim might be the best fit for Liverpool but no incoming manager replacing Klopp is going to guarantee any sort of success.

Yep Shabb.The football world has moved on a bit.

It's less about bringing in big name managers and more about recruiting guys who are a good tactical fit, able to bring up the overall squad value through coaching & less likely to toss the toys from the pram if the club want to cash in on a big name.

I'd favour Amorim over De Zerbi, but wouldn't be unhappy if De Zerbi gets it. Hughes is a big fan. Tried to recruit him at Bournemouth before Brighton swooped in.

Xavi Said he's going nowhere next season.

Ye'll have to battle it out with the smcs for Southgate.

OrchardY will have to punch himself in the balls I suppose.

Nightmare few days for Handy. Euro 2012 was Ireland's last tournament and Xavi is staying at Barcelona. The pressure of tomorrow's big game is showing.

Meanwhile, Xabi is doing the right thing holding off on taking the Liverpool job.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
King K
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

3rd May 2024 @ 10pm
More info..

DJ Darren K

The Pav, Today @ 7pm

More events ▼