The Official Athletics Thread

Diamond League is Back on Sat Morning at 10:15 Irish time live from Xiamen a city of about 4.5mil people i had never heard of until they hosted this DL last year.

Wanda are the DL title sponsor and a Chinese Govt outfit. Part of the Ts and Cs of the sponsorship this was 2 Chinese DLs so the stadium is class. it'll be rammed full of lads who were bussed in for telly and will cheer heartily on threat of the lad next to them reporting them for not cheering heartily.

The racing should be good,

Brian Fay has a lane in in the 5000m

Hopefully he can jump on a train with his MTC buddies and jumps on a fast one

Also Mark English in a tasty looking 800m.

Screenshot_20240418-134221_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20240418-134156_Chrome.jpg
We get Fred Kerley vs Christian Coleman in the 100m

And the 100m hurdles features the following:
Reigning Olympic Champ
Reigning World Champ
Reigning World Indoor Champ
2022 World Indoor Champ
Euro U23 Champ
Olympic Bronze Medalist

And they are all different athletes. In a different world they would market this shit out of that fact but there you go.

Last edited:
Also Rashidat Adeleke has confirmed for world relays on 4th May for both the 4x400m and the MX 4x400m

I think this is the first time we will see the first pick quartet of Adeleke, Mawdsley, Becker and Healy run together.

There aren't many oppotunities to qualify the relays for Paris so a good performance here would be a mega boost to the Olympic team

Pacers in marathons. Just looking at London there and the leading Brit, Emile Cairess or whatever. The guy has 3 pacers!! Like wtf? How fair is that on other Brits who may not be able to afford the cash or logistics and so on to have 3 personal pacers. Could the top German, Belgian, Spanish, Italian, ETC, ETC!!! also do something similar. We'd have hundreds of East African pacers making the whole thing a bit of a joke.

Pacers in marathons. Just looking at London there and the leading Brit, Emile Cairess or whatever. The guy has 3 pacers!! Like wtf? How fair is that on other Brits who may not be able to afford the cash or logistics and so on to have 3 personal pacers. Could the top German, Belgian, Spanish, Italian, ETC, ETC!!! also do something similar. We'd have hundreds of East African pacers making the whole thing a bit of a joke.
i only watched up to halfway but those guys were suppposed to go out as a 2:08:30 Oly qualifier group for Cairess, Mahammah Mahammad and Mac Scott.

They were on 2:05 pace when i was waching it, so i don't know who called the shots there but it would have been the race organisers who paid for it. it worked too, before today only phil Sessemon had the standard and now they'll have a full team for Paris

Shanghai DL is on in a city down the road from Shanghai called Suzhou.

it'll be on saturday from 12 on virgin

Pretty much the same cast of characters as last week.

Fay is going again, his 13:14 from last week was okay. A best of the rest kind of run. He would have been about 13:17 or so (Just outside the 13:15 Euro standard) last year and conditions were bad especially for a fella who is terrible in the heat.

it'd be nice if he could beat Morgan McDonald and Mike FoppenScreenshot_20240426-094343_Chrome.jpg
English going again after DFL last week. Don't expect much more this week..Arup and Kinyamal served up a great show.

Ho Humm enough otherwise its all a bit early season.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Colin Geddis - Overkill
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

15th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼