The next Government

Who will form the next government

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I then amended to say they were among the worst of it until very recently. I stand by that. SF supporters on Twitter and Facebook did so much to poison the political discourse. Abuse of politicians has never been at the levels we see now and SF supporters need to accept that a lot from their side let the side down on that front.

That's it - double down on your stupid claim. :rolleyes:

Much better that everybody would just grin and bear it when Charlie was telling us all we needed to tighten the belt while he lived it high on the hog, or maybe people should have taken Dirty Bertie's advice on doing away with themselves when people were warning him about the financial crash he was steering the country towards.
But see those people on social-media (well it sure as f**k wasn't going to be called out on main-stream media), it's all their fault so it is, and they were all in Sinn Fein :rolleyes:

Much better that everybody would just grin and bear it when Charlie was telling us all we needed to tighten the belt while he lived it high on the hog, or maybe people should have taken Dirty Bertie's advice on doing away with themselves when people were warning him about the financial crash he was steering the country towards.
But see those people on social-media (well it sure as f**k wasn't going to be called out on main-stream media), it's all their fault so it is, and they were all in Sinn Fein :rolleyes:
No Charlie Haughey fan here. We did need to tighten our belts though.

Get your facts straight on what Bertie said. He did not suggest that people kill themselves. He opined that he did not know why people who talked down the economy didn’t kill themselves. A stupid and insensitive comment but it was not a suggestion.

No Charlie Haughey fan here. We did need to tighten our belts though.

Get your facts straight on what Bertie said. He did not suggest that people kill themselves. He opined that he did not know why people who talked down the economy didn’t kill themselves. A stupid and insensitive comment but it was not a suggestion.

Two of the most corrupt leaders this country was ever saddled with but they were right though :rolleyes:

Two of the most corrupt leaders this country was ever saddled with but they were right though :rolleyes:
So if someone is corrupt they can never be right?

Charles Haughry introduced the succession act, which protected women from being disinherited by their husbands, by giving them a legal right share. That was objectively a brilliant piece of legislation which stopped thousands of people from being left destitute on the death of their spouse. Are we supposed to not acknowledge that because of his profound corruption?

Last edited:
Auto enrollment pension scheme due to come into force, I can see the merit in this as nobody should expect to live on the state pension alone,
From what i read the employee makes a contribution which his employer then has to match and the state also contribute,
Will this cause problems for employers who are already struggling with rising costs?

Really?

1711546616259.png

1711546645095.png

So if someone is corrupt they can never be right?

Charles Haughry introduced the succession act, which protected women from being disinherited by their husbands, by giving them a legal right share. That was objectively a brilliant piece of legislation which stopped thousands of people from being left destitute on the death of their spouse. Are we supposed to not acknowledge that because of his profound corruption?

I think that Haughy as you say called that one right (think there was also something archaic about the mother-in-laws access to a place by the fire or something back then too) but people were right to call out his corruption when he indulged in it. Sitting idly by and saying nothing would have been worse than calling it out imho. Ditto Dirty Bertie.

Haughey was a corrupt politician but he was a brilliant one. The most intelligent and most able politician we’ve ever had. He had a significant record of achievement.

The fact that he was on the take ruined his legacy. Rightly.

Haughey was a corrupt politician but he was a brilliant one. The most intelligent and most able politician we’ve ever had. He had a significant record of achievement.

The fact that he was on the take ruined his legacy. Rightly.
A friend of mine once said to me, he’d prefer a corrupt good politician, than an honest poor politician.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Old Moderns
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

5th May 2024 @ 10:00 pm
More info..

The Gaa

Dwyers Of Cork, Tomorrow @ 9:30pm

More events ▼