The Inflation Thread.

The law of supply and demand and the good ones build up a long-standing custom and thrive.

A lot of people think that they can get into the business as they "like" coffee or food and they end up closing after about only 6 months as they cannot manage all the overheads or even know their customer.

No point selling sushi rolls, quesadillas with chilli flakes and gazpacho soup when the majority of the locals just want a bowl of leek and potato soup and a scone or a sausage roll after a morning playing bridge.

Always with a daft "twist" on the basics or going down some rabbit hole of the latest food trends.

If your food is not great then you are in trouble anyway.

Yep.
Tis a cut-throat business.

Went for a pint with a couple of pals down to JohnO's around the time of Covid. The place was busy enough but there were clearly a couple of empty tables out the back. When we said all we wanted was a couple of pints and no food he asked if we'd made reservations. He made such a big song and dance about it and told us he might be able to squeeze us in in about 20 minutes we said thanks but no thanks. We haven't darkened the door of the place since.

Very rude owner
Was in Douglas having drinks with 2 friends , 1 just home from the USA for holiday , passed by place was dead so we said let’s get a bite to eat here it’s quite , only be asked by the owner did we have a booking ? We said no , he said lads this place is a Gastro bar, kind of food more than pints ? Very rude , lost out on a nice bit of money the fool , he basically saw 3 grown men and decided to make judgment . Never again”

Fucking vets! Anyone seen the price of vet bills lately?

My dog was getting sick alot a few weeks ago, I gave it a few hours hoping it would come right on it's own as was the case previously but alas she kept puking.

I put her into the car, brought her to the vet who were very nice tbf, gave her a quick shot to stop her getting sick and we were out the door in no more than 10mins, 140 euro!! Double the cost of a doctor ffs.
If my goldfish so much as looks at me crooked, I'm flushing him.

Fucking vets! Anyone seen the price of vet bills lately?

My dog was getting sick alot a few weeks ago, I gave it a few hours hoping it would come right on it's own as was the case previously but alas she kept puking.

I put her into the car, brought her to the vet who were very nice tbf, gave her a quick shot to stop her getting sick and we were out the door in no more than 10mins, 140 euro!! Double the cost of a doctor ffs.

Unless the dog told the vet what was wrong then you're paying for diagnostics and consultation as well as the injection.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Old Moderns
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

5th May 2024 @ 10:00 pm
More info..

Blues Jam (Players Welcome)

Dwyers Of Cork, Tomorrow @ 10pm

More events ▼