The Green Party - how will their policies affect folk

SoundMan

Given that the Green Party got such a large increase in seats - went from 2 to 12 and are effectively likely king-makers in the next Dail, I just wonder what the actually stand for.

Everybody wants to save the planet, and I think most sane people accept that industrial pollution is having a very detrimental effect on the planet.

So the Greens are kinda kicking into an open goal with their general thrust. I'm just wondering what their actual policies are and how they're really likely to affect the day to day lives of the people of this country.

Presumably if they get into government there will be steep rise in carbon taxes. Petrol, Deisel and home heating oil will all be taxed even further but how much? Will aviation fuel, a huge source of pollution we're told, be carbon taxed on a par with motor fuel.

Even the nutty wolf-packs aside, is the suggestion that people should share their cars with 10 others really feasible? And what of roadways, is it workable that no major roads get built in this country for the next 5 years, or however long they are in power?

Or is the Green Party really a Dublin centric one where relatively plentiful alternative public transport makes their policies a bit more workable.

Trump / Republican Party and Danny Healy-Rae do not want to save the planet.

No point having a United Ireland if it is going to be 2 feet under water.

The climate tends to ignore the S.F. "Ourselves alone"catchphrase.

Given that the Green Party got such a large increase in seats - went from 2 to 12 and are effectively likely king-makers in the next Dail, I just wonder what the actually stand for.

Everybody wants to save the planet, and I think most sane people accept that industrial pollution is having a very detrimental effect on the planet.

So the Greens are kinda kicking into an open goal with their general thrust. I'm just wondering what their actual policies are and how they're really likely to affect the day to day lives of the people of this country.

Presumably if they get into government there will be steep rise in carbon taxes. Petrol, Deisel and home heating oil will all be taxed even further but how much? Will aviation fuel, a huge source of pollution we're told, be carbon taxed on a par with motor fuel.

Even the nutty wolf-packs aside, is the suggestion that people should share their cars with 10 others really feasible? And what of roadways, is it workable that no major roads get built in this country for the next 5 years, or however long they are in power?

Or is the Green Party really a Dublin centric one where relatively plentiful alternative public transport makes their policies a bit more workable.

is this the non-bantz version of R+Bs PROC govt thread?

Sound_y must be from Cumbria or Somerset with his constant use of "folk" in his opening a fifth attack front in attacking the Greens.

Sound_y must be from Cumbria or Somerset with his constant use of "folk" in his opening a fifth attack front in attacking the Greens.

He'd be better off reading up on the science of climate change than to be scaremongering about the Greens.

SF think a United Ireland is a more pressing issue than dealing with climate, that says enough about them.

Also, the Greens are the only ones talking about the biodiversity crisis.

I do hope the Greens end up in government but not with SF.

“Folk,” “plod” “ministry,” pretends to like S.F.

I think what we have here is some limey cunt trying to be “one of the lads.”

The filthy rat.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

8th May 2024 @ 10:00 am
More info..

The Love Buzz

Coughlan's, Today @ 7pm

More events ▼