The Action Plan for Housing.

You are right FSG in what you say but when it comes to health given the vast amount of money the government spend on health i dont think SF imho would be able to sort it out. I hope that if SF get into government with Ff or Fg i hope they will take the Health and housing ministries,both of which are poison chalices
FF did bankrupt the country.
As for a 300k house a house imho the electrical and mechanical should cost no more than 25k between them. Where the rest of the cost comes from i dont know. In 2008 we were wiring apartments for €3600 approx

You are right FSG in what you say but when it comes to health given the vast amount of money the government spend on health i dont think SF imho would be able to sort it out. I hope that if SF get into government with Ff or Fg i hope they will take the Health and housing ministries,both of which are poison chalices
As for a 300k house a house imho the electrical and mechanical should cost no more than 25k between them. Where the rest of the cost comes from i dont know. In 2008 we were wiring apartments for €3600 approx
The cost of concrete alone has gone up 10% in the past few weeks.

The 300k house is just a soundbite fantasy just to sucker in simpletons and it has no basis in reality.

Unemployment at 4.4% in April which is full employment and there is no pool of available labour just waiting out there to get going on houses.

1714564767145.png

3 bed semi

Plumbing/Heating €16.5k
MVHR €5k
Wiring incl. smokes/pv charging etc €9k

Be doing well to keep mechanical under €30k tbh.

Regs in 2008 are night and day compared to today. Airtightness/insulation specs are extremely high nowadays.

3 bed semi

Plumbing/Heating €16.5k
MVHR €5k
Wiring incl. smokes/pv charging etc €9k

Be doing well to keep mechanical under €30k tbh.

Regs in 2008 are night and day compared to today. Airtightness/insulation specs are extremely high nowadays.
You are just wasting your time.

Our resident Shinnerbot wants us to just build houses and forget about building regulations and simply build cold hovels.

Another truly demented Shinnerbot type thinks ALL houses should just cost 200k.

I have my eye on this one in Kinsale and have 300k, make it happen LouLou :lol!:
Looks like it could well be yours!

The owners lose €1.6 million but that is populism for you and so what anyway?

I suppose that they can just go an buy a house in Mahon, Moyross or Darndale with €300k and have a nice view of a bonfire, daily fights and live in a permanent crime scene.

An Ireland of Equals.

Thanks' Mary Lou*

*Everyone equally miserable......

Yes, da peeeple want change.......

We are all simply holding out for a €300k house in somewhere nice like Kinsale or Dalkey from Mary Lou?

Right?
The people who bought in Dalkey 40+ years ago bought them for a pittance.
So you think people WANT to pay these prices for houses?
It's ridiculous.
There is no justification for house prices in a tiny shit hole like Ireland costing so much.
Never mind crazy mortgage rates.
Even in the late 90s house prices were okay.
You're telling me it's impossible to get back to those prices?
People want to spend so much on bricks and mortar?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Corner House, Coburg St.

27th Jun 2024 @ 6:00 pm
More info..

Jan McCullough: Night Class

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼