Teachers schmeachers

God save me from the bitter bleating of them. Oh the sense of entitlement.
You'ld think you could cut a break from them when you leave school...but they're everywhere, from union reps who never met a bad teacher in their life, to property speculators, all the way to the Taoiseach.

Don't get me wrong... As a group they are probably the smartest in the country (with solrs... God save us) but wouldn't you think the annual bitch fest of union meetings would chose to keep their privileged heads down. They are great, and most do a good job, but ...

Guaranteed job
If you are a shit teacher... Guaranteed job
Early retirement...
Off you go and try another career ...guaranteed job back when you want it
Get to wear coredroy at work and during extensive time off.

Don't get me wrong... As a group they are probably the smartest in the country (with solrs... God save us) but wouldn't you think the annual bitch fest of union meetings would chose to keep their privileged heads down. They are great, and most do a good job, but ...

Guaranteed job
If you are a shit teacher... Guaranteed job
Early retirement...
Off you go and try another career ...guaranteed job back when you want it
Get to wear coredroy at work and during extensive time off.

they can even become a TD for a while or even Taoiseach!

Strongly disagree.
They think they are but they effectively regurgitate the same thing year on year, from a book
True that...but in my experience they are a smart bunch, so that makes It more frustrating in that they are capable of so much more.

Instead their expertise is used in devising wrote learning tricks to defeat actual learning, topped up by nice tax free grindings on the side.

Have some sympathy for the young teachers (and guards/nurses). Their older colleagues (who control the unions) threw them under a bus to protect their own fat entitlements (well padded by FF under benchmarking Bertie).

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Henry Glassie: Fieldwork (G) [Pat Collins Season]

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 8:05pm

More events ▼