Sully changes mind!!

He was always going to play with Cloyne next year, whatever was said to the contrary...

PLayed against him in a football game at the weekend and in fairness he was hopping fit and sharp as a tack but his intercounty hurling days are over!

but his intercounty hurling days are over!

May be the case but if we weren' all hopeless romantics we wouldn't follow sport in the first place and you can never say never..
I'm a firm believer that the best 15 men should pull on a jersey for their county irrespective of age, height, weight, experience.
If Sully were to have a good season with Cloyne in league and Championship
then he should be considered.
The man is only 31 years old..

I abhor this notion that you have to retire fellas once they hit 30 and all of a sudden they're considered over the hill..
I also think when you look at how anaemic our forwards were last year.
- not able to win their own ball
- unable to win any kind of clean possession
- no real goal threat
- timid
- lacking leadership
- lacking big game experience
- lacking that bit of cuteness you need at that level

I strongly believe DW would be foolish to overlook him.
He's done for his pennance for not wanting to play full back.
Time to reconsider him in the forwards..

Could you even imagine ten to fifteen mins to go V Tipp next year
and the game in the melting pot down the Pairc with a point in it and Sully is sprung from the bench..
Can you imagine the lift it would give the supprters and the rest of the team to see him coming on and bullin for road..

I think it would be worth at least two points..

May be the case but if we weren' all hopeless romantics we wouldn't follow sport in the first place and you can never say never..
I'm a firm believer that the best 15 men should pull on a jersey for their county irrespective of age, height, weight, experience.
If Sully were to have a good season with Cloyne in league and Championship
then he should be considered.

The man is only 31 years old..

I abhor this notion that you have to retire fellas once they hit 30 and all of a sudden they're considered over the hill..
I also think when you look at how anaemic our forwards were last year.
- not able to win their own ball
- unable to win any kind of clean possession
- no real goal threat
- timid
- lacking leadership
- lacking big game experience
- lacking that bit of cuteness you need at that level

I strongly believe DW would be foolish to overlook him.
He's done for his pennance for not wanting to play full back.
Time to reconsider him in the forwards..

Could you even imagine ten to fifteen mins to go V Tipp next year
and the game in the melting pot down the Pairc with a point in it and Sully is sprung from the bench..

Can you imagine the lift it would give the supprters and the rest of the team to see him coming on and bullin for road..

I think it would be worth at least two points..

Agree totally. He is a good hurler and provides a bit of strenght to the forward line. Aisake may be tall but he's not powerful lik Sullivan. Also Cussen is a footballer at the moment and if they are going to allow Cussen play hurling they'll want Cadogan to play football

.... Also Cussen is a footballer at the moment and if they are going to allow Cussen play hurling they'll want Cadogan to play football[/QUOTE

Word is that Cadogan wants to play both next year but if forced to choose, will go for footballers. Really enjoyed Counihan's set up and training.

He has more to offer Cork but I'm not sure if he's an intercounty standard forward- saw him playing up front in the league a few years ago and he was a yard or two off the pace. Love to see him back tho.

He is worth a gamble can you imagine the reaction in the Pairc if he came on against Tipp in the Championship next summer but only as a forward.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Music Network Presents Flook With Special Guest Patsy Reid
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

9th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

The Cripple of Inishmaan

Cork Opera House, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼