Religion of peace. Thread 175429

Bad form posting that.

Muslim Council say on their website

"We strongly condemn this propaganda and wish to clarify that the Irish Muslim Peace and Integration Council has never advocated for Shariah Law in Ireland. In fact, we advocate for upholding the Irish constitution and believe it to be our religious and moral duty as citizens of Ireland. Furthermore, the sticker displayed a distorted shamrock with a crescent, falsely implying a replacement of Christian symbols with Islamic ones. Our actual logo was not printed on it and even the Arabic text purportedly advocating for “Shariah Ireland” was clearly produced by a non-Muslim and non-Arabic speaking individual, as it contained spelling errors and inaccuracies"

Past, we don’t do that anymore. We wised up and the church don’t have next or near the hold over our country anymore.
🤔
While the church carry a huge portion of the blame, they weren't the only people who knew what was going on and turned a blind eye. Successive Irish govts turned a blind eye as it suited them not to have to look after and provide for young, single mothers.

The church is to blame, the government that people elected was to blame and ultimately the people were to blame too. I have older relatives male and female who still make a face or throw their eyes up at the very mention of a single mother or if I mentioned in passing that someone is divorced. The notion of a gay or trans person is not even something you could mention in front of them. That set of extreme Catholic morals are ingrained into Irish DNA.

🤔
While the church carry a huge portion of the blame, they weren't the only people who knew what was going on and turned a blind eye. Successive Irish govts turned a blind eye as it suited them not to have to look after and provide for young, single mothers.

Whatever about the culpability of the State and Church officials, let's not forget the poor young girls'/women's own families (primarily parents) who shunned them and condemned them to those laundries. Still sends a shiver up my spine that someone a little older than me her family told the neighbours that she had died! And they weren't of the Catholic faith either. The poor girl ended up in a mental institution

Thanks be to god (yes I still believe in a superior being though I don't think he/she is the one we used be told about in RC run schools) our country has moved on immeasurably from those dark dark times.

The church is to blame, the government that people elected was to blame and ultimately the people were to blame too. I have older relatives male and female who still make a face or throw their eyes up at the very mention of a single mother or if I mentioned in passing that someone is divorced. The notion of a gay or trans person is not even something you could mention in front of them. That set of extreme Catholic morals are ingrained into Irish DNA.
👍
Very fair comment, unfortunately!

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
King K
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

3rd May 2024 @ 10pm
More info..

Blues Jam (Players Welcome)

Dwyers Of Cork, Tomorrow @ 10pm

More events ▼