Premier Intermediate Hurling Championship 2016

Enjoyable game. Few what ifs for Fermoy though. Was expecting a hell for leather finish from them but there was nothing?

They prefer to carry the ball in and play short passes into the forwards but when they had to go for it they couldn't? They carried on working it in. With the game slipping away from them they needed at least 1 goal and maybe 2 and they continued with the same pattern of play. There's 5 minutes to go in a county final "Let the f@@king ball in" There's no time for this kind of stuff.

Bandon had no such problems. A full forward line of Sugrue, Michael Cahalane and Ronan Crowley were well able to win ball.

Outside of Horgan, Ronan Crowley was the best player in show today. Class. Was winning ball in the air. Slotting points over the bar. Did it all. Scored a fine goal to boot.
Turned the corner back and put the ball past the keeper at his near post when everyone expected him to go across the goal. They put Daly on him after the break but Fermoy didn't have the dogs to hold the Bandon full forward line.

Fermoy got sick of him and eventually Darragh O'Carroll got him as he was shooting. I didn't see it as I was following the flight of the all but I heard it. Sounded like a sore one.

Another Fermoy player was soon following him. I don't know what kind of tackle you could call it? rugby/UFC? He got a red for it anyway.

Liam Coleman was good enough for Fermoy. De Roiste showed some nice touches. Kieran Morrison played well around the middle.

Bandon got an early lead and never looked like being caught.

They don't look like a team that will be out of their depth in senior.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Phrases - Decks Out

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 7pm

More events ▼