Official Champions League 2011/12 thread

Rangers down 1-0 at home to Malmo in the third qualifying round.

Dynamo Kiev lost 2-0 at home to Rubin Kazan earlier. I was surprised that neither Shevchenko or Milevskiy started for Dynamo. They seemed to have a fair few players that lack CL experience and it showed. Rubin Kazan produced a typically classy counter attacking performance and would be a very nasty draw for Arsenal if they get past Dynamo and the draw works out that way.

I'd say Rovers have a glimmer of hope of getting something decent tonight in Copenhagen. The home side have had a few changes in playing staff over the summer (a few certain starters from last season have left) and of course Rovers are much further into their season so would have the edge on match practice.

I hear there's a plucky Catalonian outfit who could be dark horses for this year's competition, you heard it here first.

Best of luck to Rovers tonight..

The Rangers result was a "shock" according to today's Examiner. Dunno how they made that out; the Swedish League is 12th in the UEFA coefficient list, Scotland is 26th.

Thats some result for rovers did copenhagen not make the 2nd round ko last year.
I see theres two different sections in the qualifiers any idea how many teams go through from each side of the draw. ?

Fenerbahce thrown out of CL by TFF on advice from UEFA, may have positive implications for Arsenal if they lose to Udinese, if the "wild card entry" is decided by co-efficient.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Best Of Irish Comedy
The Roundy, Castle St.

24th May 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Kidnapped (NC)

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 5:30pm

More events ▼