Mother & Baby Homes Investigation

Mother and child home report

Victims were promised they would get to read the report before it would be made public, but sunday independent had pieces of it today, who leaked that?

Was it really worth resurrecting a short thread from over 7 years ago just to try stop Jimmy?

Next you'll be aping Tattler and complaining to Admin :lol:

Coming from the PROC Spam King, I'd expect nothing less.:roll: No sense in making new threads on a subject if there's one already in play.

Leak or no leak do not let it detract from what is contained in this report. The incarceration, slave labour, murder, medical trials and trading of women and children.

What went on there was deplorable. And while the Churches (both main Christian denominations in the country) bear a lot of the blame, politicians, gardai, doctors and society in general bear some of it too.

Women were sent in behind the walls of these places so that society wouldn't become "morally infected" by "fallen women". Crazy crazy carry on and embarrassing and shameful that it happened in this country and up to quite recently.

I know a family, who lived around the corner from me growing up, who let on that their daughter had actually died!!! And left her in a lunatic asylum after the child had been born. They'd received sympathies from far and wide for their tragic loss. F**ken scandalous.
And then the forcible taking of the children from their mothers to put them in "good homes". And the 9,000+ deaths. And the shouting down of people who questioned what was going on.

And even today, when this issue is raised as a concern, and the despicable leaking of parts of the report (have these victims not already suffered enough) some here would try shut down this thread, and resurrect a figleaf of a thread from over 7 years ago and accuse the person who started this thread of spamming.

Quick - look over there :roll:

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Polly Barrett
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

8th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Inspiration The Poor Relation (Open Mic Night)

The Welcome Inn, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼