Jack Charlton RIP

Caught this on bbc2 this evening. Sombering watch but the nostalgia was great. Terribly sad way to end a life well led.
I noticed a lot of the audio used was taken from the desert island discs podcast I posted here a few pages back. If you haven't already done so i'd highly reccomend giving it a listen.

Brilliant watch, his wife is a saint.

I caught myself saying “Jesus, I fúcking hate Chris de Burgh” when he popped up too. Out loud, to nobody.

great watch

I found it sad not just Jacks demise in health in later in life but his relationship with "wur kid"..was very sad too as they seemed to grow apart as the years went on

Cheers Lee. I thought it was very well put together. Poignant moment, when Big Jack in the midst of dementia, recognizes and name checks Paul McGrath from a video on a laptop.

Was that Bertie on the bus after the Netherlands game in 1990??

🙂
Agreed Greg. Poignant and sad how a once vibrant man can deteriorate in this way.
Interesting that Norma Charlton didn't want to comment on Bobby's condition. He was always a more private person probably due to Munich 1958. Sad also how their relationship as brothers, seem to flounder due to Bobby's distancing from their mother.
Brilliant programme though. Thanks for putting it up.

PS. Not sure about Bertie.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Tanya Louise & Alex

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 10pm

More events ▼