Irish Rugby Thread 2014/2015

Big season ahead for Joe Schmidt. Will schmidt deviate from the conservative game plan and let the players, especially the backs, express themselves

Important to blood some more players in the November internationals and with England and France at home another championship has to be the minimum return from the six nations

Joe has plenty of options at his disposal except for maybe tighthead and scrum half

Big talking point will be who replaces Bod

Loosehead

Healy
Mcgrath
Kilcoyne
Cronin

Tighthead

Ross
Moore
Fitzptrick

Hooker

Best
Cronin
Strauss
Sherry

Second Row

POC
Henderson
Toner
Ryan
McCarthy
Tuohy

Back Row

POM
SOB
Heaslip
Henry
Ruddock
TOD

Scrum Half

Murray
Reddan
Marmion

Outhalf

Sexton
Madigan
Jackson

Centre

Darcy
Marshall
Olding
Fitzgerald
Payne

Wing

Bowe
Trimble
D Kearney
Earls
Zebo
Gilroy

FB

R Kearney
Henshaw

I'd say Payne will replace BOD as Marshall is injury prone

thing is there are loads of options at 12 with darcy,marshall,olding. The likes of Madigan and Fitzgerald can also play 12.

There are no real 13's available as payne and henshaw have played very little Rugby there but my be the best options

Olding may be forced to play there this year for Ulster when Marshall is fit so that might work out well for Ireland

thing is there are loads of options at 12 with darcy,marshall,olding. The likes of Madigan and Fitzgerald can also play 12.

There are no real 13's available as payne and henshaw have played very little Rugby there but my be the best options

Olding may be forced to play there this year for Ulster when Marshall is fit so that might work out well for Ireland

Maybe - i hope the idea of Earls in the centre is over for good anyway

I think that in the short term he'll use either Bowe or Trimble to replace St. Brian. You'd then have whichever one was left, along with Zebo, Gilroy and even Average Dave to choose from.

Payne at 13 for me with Darcy at 12 to bed him in id imagine, Darcy would have retired if he wasn't in the reckoning with Joe for the season. Will Keats or JJ get a look in? I get an uneasy feeling in a close game and Jackson is brought on with 20 to go, if ye know what I mean.

Payne at 13 for me with Darcy at 12 to bed him in id imagine, Darcy would have retired if he wasn't in the reckoning with Joe for the season. Will Keats or JJ get a look in? I get an uneasy feeling in a close game and Jackson is brought on with 20 to go, if ye know what I mean.

Big season for JJ and Keatley alright, although I can't see either getting a look in with conservative Joe

I'd like to see cave get an extended run alright.
Saw a picture of Ruddock training recently he just seems to get bigger and bigger, monster.

Hoping Copeland pushes on to challenge for the 8 shirt.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Dirty Circus
The Pav, Careys Lane

4th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Tony Cantwell - Litterbox

Cyprus Avenue, Today @ 7pm

More events ▼