interesting article re. flash & video on the interwebs

I have used Flash with microcontrollers with proxies combined with the xml socket. This was hard to do but the results were interesting
Now, this has definitely piqued my interest. Being a tech pragmatist I would argue that this sounds like a thoroughly interesting intellectual exercise but there are so many easier ways to achieve that.

I would be interested to hear why exactly you used flash to communicate with micro-controllers..

Now, this has definitely piqued my interest. Being a tech pragmatist I would argue that this sounds like a thoroughly interesting intellectual exercise but there are so many easier ways to achieve that.

I would be interested to hear why exactly you used flash to communicate with micro-controllers..

I used Flash with some analogue controllers to control animations and presentations in Flash. I designed and programmed a set up whereby 4 boxes with lids were used to manipulate audio video text and graphics for a presentation.

Last edited:
I used Flash with some analogue controllers to control animations and presentations in Flash. I designed and programmed a set up whereby 4 boxes with lids were used to manipulate audio video text and graphics for a presentation.
Sounds interesting, it's just that when you hear "analogue controllers", Flash isn't the first thing you would think of as a viable interface. Then again, I integrated ML with a ticker tape reader once, so go figure ;)

If you find flash interesting you are one tedious twat.:lol!:

the article wasn't about flash is was about the future of video on the internet and the emergence of possible alternatives to flash, because in case you hadn't noticed, flash is the most widely used technology for streaming video on the internet.

But that all pretty much went over your head.

Why do you even post on this forum?

the article wasn't about flash is was about the future of video on the internet and the emergence of possible alternatives to flash, because in case you hadn't noticed, flash is the most widely used technology for streaming video on the internet.

But that all pretty much went over your head.

Why do you even post on this forum?

So I can torment Mac Numpties.:bday:

Troll alert!! What is the best way to deal with a troll? Do not reply to them, they go away eventually once they realise that their attention seeking posts don't work any more.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Fiesta Latina with DJ Wilros

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 9pm

More events ▼