Immigration Thread

We were told last August tents left behind by people attending Electric Picnic were a temporary measure. Government have broken this country. Another tented village in the capital. They haven't a clue. Always reactive. Never proactive.
Record rents.
Record homelessness.
62% of adults living at home with their parents.
This was 32% when they took over.

"Implementation is the problem"
How do you work that out?
March was 2 months ago.
There is a tented village with 100 tents in the city centre.(was 40 on Friday).
What policy isn't being implemented correctly?
the 'no shanty towns' policy. I'm not defending the government, just making a pedantic point, that people blame the government's immigration policy, but it's really the implementation of the policy that they're failing on.
The policy of paying huge sums plus millions in interest to hoteliers I would have issue with, though.

the 'no shanty towns' policy. I'm not defending the government, just making a pedantic point, that people blame the government's immigration policy, but it's really the implementation of the policy that they're failing on.
The policy of paying huge sums plus millions in interest to hoteliers I would have issue with, though.
No it's not.
We're taking in well above the EU average for Ukrainians aswell as asylum seekers when we have record homelessness.
Where are people supposed to go?
The immigration policy is an absolute disaster.
Up to 2 weeks ago they weren't even asking those turning up at the IPO office how they got to Ireland when there were no direct flights.
Absolute amateur hour stuff.
They are being reactive and never pro active.
Even her own party are disgusted by how poor McEntee is doing.
She was clueless when in front of McNamara last week.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jackie Fabulous (Americas Got Talent) Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

4th Oct 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

DJ Val

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 11pm

More events ▼