Immigration Thread

I can see the Government probably moving the International Protection Office out of Mount Street and therefore the asylum seekers tent city will move out of D4 and follow on to the new location. I would have pity for the residents of this new location. The new location will definitely not be South County Dublin.

I can see the Government probably moving the International Protection Office out of Mount Street and therefore the asylum seekers tent city will move out of D4 and follow on to the new location. I would have pity for the residents of this new location. The new location will definitely not be South County Dublin.

It’ll be right next to Mrs Anto’s gaf in the centre of Tallaght

Any non-EU citizen coming here to work should be applying for a Visa like everyone else.

Show they've the means to support themselves in the interim.

Instead of economic migrants from safe countries just bypassing the visa system by pretending they're being persecuted in Nigeria/Georgia/etc.

Anyone who destroys their travel documents should be detained and deported. Under the Immigration Act 2004 its punishable by up to 12 months in prison or a €3,000 fine, for an adult to land in the State without a valid travel document. Yet we seem happy to not enforce our own laws and let the system be flooded with people who have no right to be here.
I'm saying it here for years, all admissions to this country should be dealt with at point of entry with no appeal, the dedicated border/customs officers decision is final.
We need more Bruces, he would take no shit
iBQnbGXs_400x400.jpg

I'm saying it here for years, all admissions to this country should be dealt with at point of entry with no appeal, the dedicated border/customs officers decision is final.
We need more Bruces, he would take no shit
iBQnbGXs_400x400.jpg

Agreed .

Tbh its just more of the same nonsense lies from McEntee and govt reps that we cant solve the immigration crisis (and it is a crisis) unless we adopt the EU migration pact.

That is simply not true. (In much the same way they lied about needing the recent refendum to pass to help carers). The legislation is already there for policing our borders and deporting those that have no rights to be here.

As already mentioned those arriving without travel documents should be detained under existing laws. Once a deportation order is issued
'Immigration officers and members of the Garda Síochána are authorised to deport a person from the State'. The recent numbers show this isn't happening.

We are not enforcing our laws. These chancers have recognised Ireland as a European outlier and are exploiting the total lack of enforcement.

You now have the disgraceful situation where economic migrants (who are making a mockery of the visa system), are being forcibly placed in communities. There is strong local opposition to them doing so. This is all but ignored, protestors are demonised and strong arm tactics are employed by Gardai. All at the taxpayers expense.

People imo are going to send another strong message to the parties of government (and opposition parties endorsing this batshit crazy policy) in the upcoming local and European elections. Whats currently going on cannot continue.

Bruce is a Customs Officer. Customs Officers do not allow/deny people entry to the country. In fact a person has already been admitted before they reach customs.

The coach driver said: “They’re often travelling using a photograph of a ticket that has clearly been bought by someone else. We can tell because they’re all using the same name, but it’s hard to stop because we don’t scan the tickets. There is a customs post on the border and we occasionally get pulled over so they can check passports and send people without them back, but not that often, maybe once a month.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jackie Fabulous (Americas Got Talent) Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

4th Oct 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

The Velvetones

The Welcome Inn, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼