Immigration Thread

Both should have been dumped in the recent partial reshuffle.

They've planned and facilitated this absolute mess and neither is prepared to do anything to remedy it.

Harris and Ryan clearly have very little going on upstairs to think they should continue toward a general election with these toxic ,rank incompetents still in Justice and Children/Disability/Integration.
The government got totally carried away with themselves with their referendum successes in gay marriage and repeal and lost the run of themselves, this goes back to Leo's time as Taoiseach tbf, the progressive mindset that swept those referendum victories when turned towards more difficult and less clearcut policy areas such as inward migration was always going to end in disaster, thejoke is on the liberal elites now with tented villages being set up in Dublin 4.

Chickens coming home to roost.

GF-6V36WcAER9qF.jpg

The government got totally carried away with themselves with their referendum successes in gay marriage and repeal and lost the run of themselves, this goes back to Leo's time as Taoiseach tbf, the progressive mindset that swept those referendum victories when turned towards more difficult and less clearcut policy areas such as inward migration was always going to end in disaster, thejoke is on the liberal elites now with tented villages being set up in Dublin 4.

GF-6V36WcAER9qF.jpg

Agreed.

The bill for O'Gormans referendum to remove mention of women from the Constitution came to 32 million euro.

In what business could you be responsible for that kind of disaster and keep your job?

Anyway they ignored all the warnings from the likes of McDowell and let our immigration set up reach crisis point. The referendum showed them up as hopelessly out of touch and they haven't learned a thing from it.

I mean how could anyone in their right mind think setting riot police on rural community protests is going to work?

GF-6V36WcAER9qF.jpg
Middle ireland are sick to the teeth of been told they are intolerant and backward thinking if they dont go with the flow,

If we as EU Citizens tried to enter another country without a passport or destroying a passport without a genuine reason we would be held in custody or making contact with the Ambassadors office to try rectify the issue.

How it's happening here is genuinely beyond me.
This fella was denied Asylum in other EU Countries before destroying his own passport, getting a fake one and then destroying that. Like f*cking hell. Might as well have no Airport/Port Police/Customs or Guards on duty.

If I try go to Australia, Canada, America etc if I have a mistake on my visa or lose my passport I'll be held in custody and a high chance of being refused entry and deported.
As we saw in Melbourne 3 Irish fellas arrested for high profile robberies, they all over National News and some cases International News.
Here any foreign national who commits a crime depending on the nature of crime will be 1. Not reported 2. Name will not be released 3. In a case like above will be named.

Here when you question anyone or look at a case you're met with being racist or told 'sure we have our own scumbags' some people will give any excuse.
Or the sure look at all our emigration, yes absolutely we have emigrants all over the world but 90% of them have done it the right way.
Is there a few outstanding in America from the 80's etc yes but now a days it's impossible to that.

As rest of your comment goes on, there was a motion of no confidence in her already, how there isn't another one in place over her office failing to apply the rules.
In the Oireachtas it was on file that 188 deportation orders were accepted by the other country yet only 3 of the 188 were deported.
That is 100% on the Department and not on a policy or anything.
Tbf this case indicates immigration policies are a shambles in the whole EU and not just here.

I would have thought it should be a zero sum game i.e if you are denied asylum then you must leave, or vice versa.

Yet, in the above, the guy was denied it in Italy and was free to roam about and subsequently he moved to France was denied it there, again free to roam about, he then went to Germany and they denied him status again off you go my son, so he went to Holland and eventually he moved to Ireland. He was basically backpacking around Europe for 5 yrs before he ended up on our shores.

They need some joined up thinking in the EU to tackle this issue because if it is problem in Germany or France or wherever then as shown above it can easily become a problem for us or any other member state.

View attachment 32428
This relates to international protection applicants. The most interesting is probably Algeria. Down in the EU overall but up over a 1000% here.

These economic migrants have copped that Ireland is a free for all ,from border controls to deportations.

McEntee needs to start with placing Nigeria on the safe countries list. It should have been done months ago.

They seem to be unable to take even the most basic steps to tackle the current crisis.

O'Gorman is a fruitcake extremist. Hes been pushing everything from open borders to trans ideology in primary schools to eliminating mention of women from the Constitution. But ya know climate change and stuff 🙄

McEntee is just a hopeless case. Itslikek she collected 40 tokens on a cornflake box and got to be minister for Justice.

These two bozos are doing an absolute wreck in their respective positions.

Last edited:
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Cork's Primetime Comedy Show
The Roundy, Castle St.

25th May 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Centre Stage School Footworks 2024

Cork Opera House, Tomorrow @ 6pm

More events ▼